Position: Manufacturing Engineer
Status: Full time exempt
Location: Vermillion, SD
ABOUT: Masaba Inc.
Masaba is headquartered in Vermillion, SD and is a leader in aggregate equipment manufacturing. For nearly 60 years, Masaba has been an innovative manufacturer of trusted conveyor and material handling products built to withstand the abuses of the mining, aggregate and construction environments the world over. We are always looking for well-qualified candidates to fill a variety of open positions. Check out all of our opportunities at www.masabainc.com/careers
The manufacturing engineer plans, organizes and directs initiatives to meet company objectives for safety, quality and productivity by improving manufacturing processes, manufacturing methods, process implementation, process documentation and design for manufacturability/assembly.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops and implements improved manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment/plant layout.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Manage facility layout, capital equipment plan, plans and execute capital equipment projects.
- Assist with raw material allocation, routings, setup times, economic lot size
- Reviews and analyzes proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures.
- Submits proposals and ideas considered feasible to management for consideration and allocation of funds
- Oversee key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring continuous improvement projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences, in order to inform management of current status of each project.
- Reviews and monitors process improvements and monitoring continuous improvement projects.
- Recommends budgets to management; including technology, facility and equipment requirements or improvements
- Directs appropriate support for Manufacturing, Quality and Safety functions within the organization
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications
- Establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensure that health and safety obligations are carried out by everyone.
- Analyze work procedures to identify hazards; communicate workplace hazards and safety-related policies to employees; ensure measures are implemented to eliminate or control hazards.
- Correct unsafe conditions and/or equipment as soon as possible.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field
- Experience with Safety, Quality, Lean Manufacturing, Tool Design, Welding, Machining, Painting and Assembly
- Experience motivating and directing professional and direct team members
- Proven new product/tooling design experience, preferably utilizing 3D modeling software
- Proven experience implementing Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives
- Strong leadership, documentation, communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2D and Inventor 3D Modeling or Similar CAD programs
- Comfortable turning a wrench, under a welding hood, behind a computer or in the Board Room.
- Welding experience and knowledge a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location