FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN/ENGINEER-
This position is responsible for installing, troubleshooting and repairing Bystronic Laser and Press Brake Machines.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Install, repair, commission and troubleshoot machine tools.
- Enter service reports.
- Diagnose mechanical, and electrical problems, performing mechanical and electrical repairs, install new machines.
- Instruct customer on machine operation, and maintenance and safety at customer locations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates program or technical school degree in engineering principles.
- Two (2) year degree or higher preferred, or four years military experience in Electrical/Mechanical systems or 1-3 years industry experience.
- 1-3 years machine tool field and installation knowledge
- Electrical and mechanical machine troubleshooting experience.
- Be able to work overtime and including weekends as needed.
- 100% travel to the North America’s
- Have and maintain a clean and valid driver’s license and be able to rent a car.
- Have or be able to obtain a Passport.
- Be able to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Excellent communication skills oral and written.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Positive, professional attitude and customer service background.
- Possess a basic took kit own, special tools will be supplied.
- Possess a mechanical and electrical background.
- Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Understanding of I/O modules, servo amplifiers, electrical components in control cabinets.
- Understands the relationship between axis motors and feedback systems for each axis.
- Experience in electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics electronics and blueprint reading
*All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status
**NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed**
Job Type: Full-time
- electrical/mechanical: 1 year (Preferred)
- machine tool industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- CNC Programming: 1 year (Preferred)
- Press Brake Machine: 1 year (Preferred)
- US Passport (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)