Gen3 Interconnect is an engineering, manufacturing and supply chain solution provider. With a facility in the Grand Rapids area, our primary focus is producing wire harnesses assemblies for the marine, aerospace and other industries. Gen3 Interconnect is part of a larger portfolio of businesses with a strong support network and proven track record of success in several markets. We are looking for people that are passionate, innovative and driven to consistently do whatever it takes to make our customers succeed.
Gen3 Interconnect Supplier Quality Engineer’s main responsibility is to monitor the supplier base quality performance and to work with suppliers through performance issues for improvement. This may include utilizing root cause investigation technique’s training to assist Suppliers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Validating Supplier nonconforming articles with the assistance of quality technicians and issuing material nonconformance reports.
- Timely communication with suppliers when nonconformance issues are discovered and following up with suppliers until corrective action closure.
- Issuing Supplier Corrective Action Requests when necessary and working with suppliers to train, if needed on techniques to resolve issues.
- Performing supplier quality system surveys, including some on site audits.
- Monitoring supplier’s Quality Management System certification status.
- Implementing and maintaining supplier performance scorecard process and scorecard distribution.
- Problem solving and continuous improvement team initiatives.
- Communicating with other departments regarding supplier performance and other related activities to ensure all necessary departments are informed.
- All other duties as assigned by the quality manager.
- Ability to carry out job responsibilities while fully embracing the Simplified Investments Core Values
- Culture is everything. We are authentic and intentional in the way we work and play. Being stodgy has no place here.
- Stab from the front. We are respectful in the way that we hold one another accountable. No games, no hidden agendas.
- Problem solvers. We value smart people who attack problems head-on and with confidence.
- Resiliency. We thrive on change and growth. We pivot when we need to and re-group quickly.
- Humility reigns. Whether engaging with our teams, customers or partners we approach it with the heart of a servant. We are go-givers that believe in creating space for people to grow.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Experience with various M&TE (measurement and test equipment) as identified above
- Understanding of blueprint/drawings concepts, including GD&T principles
- Previous problem-solving experience
- Strong sense of detail
- Effective and respectful communication skills working with suppliers and all employees
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- AS or BS degree in technical field or equivalent work experience in manufacturing, quality experience preferred (3 – 6 years preferred)
- Working experience in the wire harness industry is preferred
- Computer Skills:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Basic computer skills required
Team Member Perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Monday – Thursday, 10-hour days
- Insurance benefits begin on 1st day of following month after start date
- 401k with employer match
- Casual work attire
- Tuition reimbursement
- Closed with holiday pay the week of July 4th and between Christmas and New Year
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment and physical demands listed below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Stand, sit, squat, climb, stretch, use hands for tools repetitively
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $1.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Quality audits: 1 year (Preferred)
- AS9100: 1 year (Preferred)
- FDA regulations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Six Sigma Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location