American Bridge Company
September 18, 2019
The Field Engineer position will be responsible for assisting the Project Manager on new construction of an Extradose bridge over the North Saskatchewan River in Edmonton, AB.
Requirements for compliance with federal, state, and local codes;
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Construction Management and 2-3 years experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 1- 2 years experience in the construction industry-prefer bridge, marine, or structural steel
- Responsible to learn construction practices as required for compliance with federal, province, and local codes; industry standards; company procedures; contractual requirements; etc.
- Assists the Project Manager with required documents and information to support the successful completion of construction activities
- Serves as resource for project specifications, procedures, relevant portions of contract, etc.
- Attends construction project meetings and safety meetings as assigned
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to legally work in the Alberta province.
Experience in segmental bridge construction (Cast in Place) a major plus.
- Must be willing to work in a drug-free environment.
- Must be willing to work safely and keep OSHA recordable incidents to a minimum.
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry standards and specialty bridge design software (AutoCAD); must be proficient with MS Office. Exp. With P6 scheduling software a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively plan and organize to meet project deadlines.
None, but must work well with other Field Specialists, Superintendents and the Project Manager on the project.
Education and/or Experience
A Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts related to structural engineering and related calculations. Individual should some level of business acumen, including knowledge of operating expenses, profit, etc. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, reporting tools related to databases. Must have the ability to learn design software programs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current driver's license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk.
American Bridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/H/V