eDate is hiring for a full-time Software Developer to build complex and scalable systems.
As one of the world’s largest online dating networks with more than 100 million profiles spread across our portfolio of dating websites, we pride ourselves on providing amazing service to our members ensuring they remain satisfied as they try to find the one. We are growing our software development team to support our activities and help us provide an even better experience to our customers.
We are an ever-evolving company and require someone who is professional and open to change. Do you take pride in solving complex problems and sharing your knowledge with your teammates? Do you enjoy working closely with others to ensure you deliver the best results on time? We are looking for someone who can think fast on their feet and is looking for something long-term. We are a small, dedicated team that is both fast-paced and dynamic who are continuously learning and we want you to design, document, develop, deploy and work with software from its infancy all the way into production where you can see your work succeed and be used by millions of users.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining new generation and high performance web based systems
- Monitoring and ensuring system and application availability
- Participating in team discussions and planning sessions
- Pushing yourself and team members to ensure that goals are met
- Collaborating with technical and non-technical team members answering any questions they may have.
- Providing time estimates for your work and hit deadlines in an agile environment.
- Being excited to research and push new web technologies and experiences.
- Java programming | 2+ years
- REST, JSON, AJAX | 2+ years
- MySQL | 2+ years
- Web skills: HTML, CSS (good knowledge)
- Strong Multi-platform and cross-browser development and debugging
- Knowledge of Bash (or other preferred shell scripting language)
- Asset: Scala knowledge
- Asset: Play Framework
- Asset: Akka
- Asset: Linux / Unix / Mac OSX (command line and scripting)
- Asset: Sencha Touch Framework, AngularJS, jQuery
- Asset: Apache Struts2
- Asset: Git for revision control
eDate is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Java: 3 years (Preferred)