STAFF ENGINEER (ENTRY-LEVEL)
The Staff Engineer (SE) helps organize, coordinate and carry out all assigned pavement and geotechnical engineering projects and processes. SE will work directly with and assist the Senior Engineer/Director to fulfill a variety of necessary engineering tasks. Duties of the SE will likely include pavement design, pavement structural and functional evaluation, performance analysis, and pavement management projects. SE will be conducting semi-automated pavement condition surveys using mobile mapping vehicle and provide support in the development and integration of valuable pavement and asset data for roadway and airport projects. SE will assist in the implementation and update of pavement management and transportation asset management programs and prepare reports for a variety of clients. SE will also be responsible for map creation in GIS. Additional duties will include preparation of technical proposals for our marketing and business development.
Interested candidates must be willing to travel occasionally for out of state projects.
- 2+ years of relevant experience (Preferred but not Required)
- BS or MS (Preferred) degree in engineering
- Coursework/Interest in pavement management and pavement design, with preference given to candidates with previous automated data collection experience
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access), with preference given to candidates who has knowledge in creating excel macros using VBA
- Good writing and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and efficient; skilled at multi-tasking
- Willing to take initiative and work independently when needed
- The flexibility to travel and work weekends as necessary
- Previous experience with writing project proposals is a plus
- Experience with PAVER, Structured Query Language (SQL) and other pavement-related software is a plus
The compensation package is competitive depending on the level of education, skills, and experience. If interested, please send a copy of your resume and cover letter in confidence.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)