The core responsibility of the Marketing Content Developer is ‘Machine Manuals’. Our Machines typically require Product Manuals to ship with the machine. A good portion of the job is the development of Machine Manuals. The Machine Manuals include work instructions, technical writing, software screen shots and more.
We are seeking a motivated creative marketing professional that can take on the Machine Manual process while staying focused on Content Marketing (Photos, videos, communications, campaigns, website, email, etc.) and Marketing Campaigns.
The Marketing Content Developer will create and communicate content across multiple channels: blogs, websites, e-blasts, press releases, social media, traditional media, etc. The developer will need to be innovative to conceptualize creative concepts/messaging for initiatives including digital campaigns, direct mailers, etc. We have many projects shipping per month and the developer will need to prioritize a variety of different projects with adherence to deadlines. All content must be optimized for SEO.
We are looking for a person to help drive our marketing and advertising activities. Ultimately, you should help us achieve our business goals through building strong brand and marketing campaigns. You will lead content creation including video, graphics and marketing copy. This position maintains brand integrity across all marketing initiatives and company communications. The ideal candidate is extremely proficient with Adobe Creative Suite software, Adobe FrameMaker and is an exceptional copywriter.
Creation of Machine/Product Manuals
- Review BTI quotation and customer specifications
- Researching, writing, editing content
- Creation/acquisition of supporting materials: screenshots (PC/PLC), photos, drawings, illustrations, tables, etc.
- Final formatting and creation of PDF
- Printing, binding, packaging and delivery of completed manual
- Creation of additional supporting materials (per customer spec or BTI quote): Work instructions, VJPs / Visual Job Plans, Step‐by‐step illustrated PM procedures
- Archival of project materials
- Resurrection of completed project materials for updates
- Design and edit scripts used for document creation in FrameMaker and MSWord
- Regularly review current software packages and submit requests for upgrades (when warranted)
- Track and maintain an adequate supply of binding materials (order when needed)
Videography / Video Editing
- Planning and execution of video shoots of running equipment (virtual runoffs)
- Planning and execution of video shoots of running equipment (capture footage for BTI videos)
- Editing of raw footage into completed video packages
- Shoot footage of equipment processes for troubleshooting purposes
- Take photographs of completed equipment (for BTI and/or customer)
- Take photographs of equipment in the process (for customer and/or BTI)
- Document post‐mortem forensic investigations
- Document issues with incoming equipment, customer parts, materials
Support for other departments
- Printing and binding of manuals for training sessions (Parts & Service)
- Creation of CAD editable files from PDF drawings (Mechanical Engineering)
- Managing translations of text strings files (Software Engineering)
- Creation of “generic” manuals for presentation to customers (Sales)
- Archaeological investigations of previous project materials for use in presentations (Sales)
- Creation of internal documentation: e.g., job instructions, workflow charts (M&T)
Celebrating over 50 Years! Founded in 1968, Balance Technology Inc (BTI) is a precision measurement and testing company with a strong domestic and international presence. Headquartered a few miles north of downtown Ann Arbor, Michigan (USA), BTI specializes in advanced, automated; balancing, dimensional gaging, non-destructive testing, NVH, eddy current crack detection, surface finish measurement, Spinners, motor testers, resonant frequency measurement and other precision measurement and testing systems. While the automotive industry represents a significant portion of BTI business, the company is also active in a variety of other industries including, but not limited to, energy and power generation, aerospace, medical, marine, rail, off-road vehicles.
BTI’s unique ability to combine the aforementioned technologies into one fully integrated system enables our clients to reduce capital expenditures, increase product quality, and minimize floor space requirements.
Additionally, BTI Measurement & Testing Services division provides both onsite and offsite services such as: prototype testing, equipment and master certification, low and high-volume balancing, low and high-volume gaging, low and high-volume testing, consulting, vibration analysis, training and more…
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,665.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- What are your Salary Requirements?
- Adobe Creative Suite: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location