Colonial has provided a wide range of opportunities for job candidates who are highly qualified, skilled, motivated and team players. Employees find exciting opportunities to grow and develop their careers at a stable company which offers a generous compensation and benefits package that includes annual incentive bonuses, retirement plans, insurance coverage and a host of other features that support a happy, active, productive and rewarding life. Come to Colonial, a great place to work, where people matter most, and where safety 24/7 is paramount.
Ready to work for Colonial Pipeline Company?
Are you intrigued by the thought of being part of revolutionizing the energy industry and a new era in the pipeline industry? Do you want to be a part of a company that is obsessed with excellence in everything we do? A company growing and expanding our business that is full of opportunity? If so, we are seeking smart, safety focused, and energetic professionals to join our team to help us to the next level of excellence!
What is it that we do at Colonial Pipeline Company?
Colonial Pipeline is the largest refined products pipeline in the United States, transporting more than 100 million gallons or 2.5 million barrels per day. Colonial transports various grades of gasoline, diesel fuel, home heating oil, jet fuel, and fuels for the U.S. military through a pipeline system. Colonial transports approximately 45 percent of all fuel consumed on the East Coast, providing refined products to more than 50 million Americans.
50% of the time
REQUIRED TO DRIVE ON COMPANY BUSINESS:
Typical weekday schedule
Maintains accuracy of metering systems and perform various technical analysis activities in support of delivering accurate metering of injected and delivered product for assigned district. Resolves discrepancies and is the liaison between the field, corporate and customers.
This position requires training in the practical application of liquids measurement and familiarity with Engineering analysis/design as well as knowledge of Colonial’s Engineering Standards, material specifications, pipeline equipment, fundamental system operations, regulatory requirements, procedures and safe work practices.
Conducts daily work in compliance with Colonial’s safety policies and procedures. Demonstrates Colonial’s core values of Safety, Personal Integrity, Respect, Innovation and Teamwork in completing work assignments.
(%) ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
List responsibilities/tasks that are critical to job success in bullet point format
- Plans, develops, and implements measurement and technical projects in district
- Conducts training of district personnel to educate personnel on methods, requirements and regulations in support of accurate measurement. Provide input and recommend solutions to shipper and inventory claims. Communicate with customers, suppliers and employees over entire range of measurement activities.
- Identifies opportunities for and develops fiscally sound projects to support moving measurement equipment into a predictive maintenance environment. Collaborate with measurement and engineering personnel in the selection and specification of measurement equipment, instruments and supporting systems
- Monitor meter factor trends for assigned district and proactively identify issues to assist OM’s, technicians, and operators
- Provide guidance and assistance in developing and managing an annual budget to fund systematic measurement equipment upgrades. Assist OM’s in developing a properly funded annual measurement maintenance budget
- Analyze district & system Gain/Loss performance to identify, remediate, and resolve sources of imbalance.
- In depth understanding/experience in liquid measurement in diagnosing and analyzing measurement problems and ability to determine the appropriate course of action for the particular circumstance (On Colonial System is a plus)
- Lead mitigation efforts to analyze, resolve, and communicate gain/loss issues and resolve material balance differences. Efforts will be both individual and team environments.
- Develops and maintains corporate standards for measurement across the whole company
- Provide technical input on custody transfer measurement projects to project management teams, operating organizations, vendors, manufacturers, design firms, etc.
- Collaborate with Engineering Groups throughout the entire life cycle of new projects -specifications, design, fabrication, installation and startup & commissioning.
- Support internal/external customers by reviewing agreements to ensure all measurement and volume reporting provisions comply with Colonials’ and API/AGA standards.
- Represent company interests & participate in standards development through industry committees. Understands applicable API MPMS chapters as they pertain to assigned areas of responsibility. Ensure procedural compliance with industry and regulatory standards, develop and maintain appropriate manuals, procedures, company standards, and industry standards for internal and contractual use.
- All employee may be assigned or otherwise required to support the business in its emergency response efforts, including but not limited to training, short-term travel and backfill duties.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities, nor does it exclude or restrict tasks that may be assigned, and is subject to change at any time.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related science
Petroleum industry work experience coupled with a minimum of (5) years of directly transferable measurement experience.
Field-level technical guidance on potential problems and remedies to complex measurement problems.
10+ years of petroleum measurement experience.
Mastery-level technical guidance on potential problems and remedies to complex measurement problems.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE:
Enter the minimum certification & licensure required to perform the job
PREFERRED CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE:
Enter any additional certification & licensure preferences that may enhance the incumbent’s ability to perform in the role
Valid TWIC Card
Strong understanding of refined petroleum products industry and API MPMS policies and procedures for effective hydrocarbon measurement.
Company-wide development and maintenance of corporate standards for measurement
Understanding of programming, wiring, communications protocols and troubleshooting for flow computers, PLC’s, transmitters and compact & ball provers
Strong written and verbal communications
Detail-oriented and results focused
Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with a commitment to overall team success
Strong analytical skills
Data Analysis skills preferred
Knowledge of petroleum liquid measurement
Maximo experience preferred.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel and Word
Ability to train, evaluate and convey knowledge with clarity to technicians and new or contract engineers
Ability to write applicable reports and correspondence clearly.
Ability to provide project oversight from a system standpoint rather than per district.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, operators and internal/external customers.
Ability to research, resolve, and provide support to internal and external customers for measurement/inventory issues.
Ability to maintain focus on the job at hand and to see task through to completion
Ability to work independently and complete tasks in a self-directed manner
Ability to function in a deadline driven environment
Ability to build and maintain highly productive working relationships with internal/external parties
JOB REPORTS TO:
Supervisor, QA & Measurement
NO. OF EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED:
LIST OF JOB TITLES SUPERVISED:
KEY INTERNAL INTERFACES:
• Operations (scheduling, control center, field operations)
KEY EXTERNAL INTERFACES:
- Corporate QA & measurement personnel
- Commercial Affairs personnel
- Technical Services
- Information Technology
• Shipper Companies personnel
- Refiners/Blenders personnel
- Terminal personnel
- Industry groups
- Government regulators
Able to work in outdoor/field environment in all weather conditions to assess protocols and examine procedures. Standing for long periods. Able to lift 75 lbs. Visual acuity to read and prepare reports, documentation and P&IDs. Digital dexterity for operation of PC Keyboard and mouse. Ability to communicate in order to understand instructions, convey information and receive information.
Works in a typical office environment and in outdoor/field environment to assess protocols, examine procedures, and install/troubleshoot equipment. Role requires the employee to carry a company cellphone and be on call 24/7/365.
About the Measurement Specialist Position
As a Measurement Specialist, you are responsible for maintaining accuracy of metering systems and performing various technical analysis activities in support of delivering accurate metering of injected and delivered products for your assigned district. In addition, you will resolve discrepancies and are the liaison between the field and corporate employees, and our customers. You are someone who enjoys providing input and recommending solutions, and communicating with customers, suppliers and employees. As a Measurement Specialist, you are responsible for planning, developing, and implementing measurement and technical projects.
What You Get to Do:
Conduct training of district personnel to educate personnel on methods, requirements and regulations in support of accurate measurement.
Identify opportunities for and develops fiscally sound projects to support moving measurement equipment into a predictive maintenance environment.
Monitor meter factor trends for assigned district and proactively identify issues to assist OM’s, technicians, and operators.
Provide guidance and assistance in developing and managing an annual budget to fund systematic measurement equipment upgrades.
Analyze district & system Gain/Loss performance to identify, remediate, and resolve sources of imbalance.
What You Bring to the Table:
Associate’s degree in related field from an accredited college or university; will consider a combination of experience and/or education. Bachelor’s degree is preferred in related field.
Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
Experience in the petroleum industry and in depth understanding/experience in liquid measurement in diagnosing and analyzing measurement problems and ability to determine the appropriate course of action for the particular circumstance/issue.
Ideally, 5 years of directly transferable measurement experience.
Field-level skill set of technical guidance on potential problems and remedies to complex measurement problems.
Strong understanding of the refined petroleum products industry, and API MPMS policies and procedures for effective hydrocarbon measurement.
Ability to build and maintain highly productive working relationships with internal/external parties.
Commitment to consistently adhere to policies and procedures and be a positive example for others by demonstrating the Company’s core values of Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Safety, and Excellence in completing work assignments.
Self-motivated, have a phenomenal work ethic and looking for the right company to support your growth.
Got Extra to Bring?
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related science degree from an accredited college or university
Ideally, 10+ years of petroleum measurement experience.
Mastery-level experience with technical guidance on potential problems and remedies to complex measurement problems.
Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card.
Advantages of Working at Colonial Pipeline Company:
Prosperity, Health, Wellness, and Happiness – Check out Colonial’s Total Rewards
Are you up to the challenge? What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Colonial Pipeline is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Statement to all Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Colonial Pipeline accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Colonial Pipeline employees, hiring managers, or send to any Colonial Pipeline facility. Colonial Pipeline is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.