Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, we're taking innovation to the next level. From designing the most advanced air vehicle to designing aircraft that defies gravity, our engineers live on the cutting edge of technology. Never have the opportunities for a technical career been so limitless.
The position of Applications Engineer focuses on the following:
- Research and analyze manufacturing issues, constraints, and cost drivers in current Lockheed Martin Aeronautics manufacturing processes.
- This assignment area includes engineering and technical support for projects ranging from manufacturing process development and improvements to manufacturing equipment and system specification, procurement, integration and support.
- Responsibilities include project management support (budget and schedule management), status reporting, and cost benefit analysis.
- Typical responsibilities include planning, developing, and integrating new technologies and equipment to resolve technical manufacturing problems. Example technology engagement areas could include additive manufacturing or robotic drilling.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A level 1 employee Typically has 0 - 3 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
Paid time off
Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Marietta, GA Discover Marietta.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong technical background
- Creative approach to technical problem solving with demonstrated prototyping experience
- Exposure to project management techniques
- Self-starter & highly motivated
- Experience with CAD platforms like CATIA V5
- Programming experience with VBA, Python, or SQL
- Exposure to robotics and additive manufacturing concepts
- Experience with electrical engineering concepts such as circuits and controls
- Experience developing and deploying advanced technology
- Familiarity with Earned Value Management concepts
- Exposure to the aerospace industry and manufacturing processes
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.