The Controls Hardware Engineer will perform all activities associated with controls design and engineering for the machine tool industry. This includes close interaction with project teams in a positive and focused manner to realize productive results. Clear inter-departmental communication is necessary, as are frequent customer discussions. The individual must also provide accurate and high-quality work with minimal supervision.
· Able to complete all hardware engineering design activities including electrical, pneumatic and fluids.
· Coordinate and review project design decisions with Mechanical Engineering
· Good understanding of communication networks design.
· Knowledge of motion control devices such as servo motors and controllers.
· Verify that internal and outside designers adhere to Gehring design procedures.
· Assist Project Management to maintain customer contact through meetings and presentations
· Customer / client focus
· Cost / time awareness
· Technical knowledge (EPLAN, AutoCAD Electrical, Microsoft Office, FMEA, Encompix)
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Communication proficiency
This job operates in an office and indoor industrial shop floor setting and requires presence and possible short-term travels to customer locations.
Required Education and Experience
· Electrical engineering degree or equivalent applied engineering experience.
· Five years minimum experience in design application in the machine tool industry.
· Must be a team-oriented person with the ability and desire to monitor, motivate, and train staff members.
Gehring provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and conditions related to pregnancy), genetic information, disability, height, weight, citizenship, sexual orientation, transgender status, misdemeanor arrest record, marital or veteran status and any other statuses protected under federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, job assignment, leaves of absence, assignment of work, compensation and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Safety protocols are in place following the CDC guidelines. All employees and visitors must complete a health screening questionnaire. Face masks and social distancing is required. Visitors must be approved in advance.
Work Location: One location