*CMD is honored to be awarded a Best Places to Work designation for four consecutive years!
*We are dedicated to creating and displaying a culture of trust, respect and dialogue to fully engage our employees!
We offer a full benefits package including Health Dental, Vision options and more.
We match 401(k) contributions (you put in 6% and get 4% more) and a Profit Sharing program.
Explore our company and you'll be impressed.*
This position is responsible for the mechanical engineering effort at CMD requiring close, continuous interaction with electrical engineering. This is an exempt position that may require in excess of a 40-hour week in order to effectively carry out the listed job duties. Occasional travel required.
A Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, plus a minimum of four years experience in the engineer-to-order machinery industry, (i.e. compression, HVAC, piping, pumps, packaging machinery manufacturing). Must also have background in machinery design including a basic knowledge of electrical components and control systems.
1) Responsible for engineering standards that are within the established norms of the CNG, Biogas, RNG, Vapor Recovery and Gas Compressor packaging industry and in compliance with the current national and international standards for the care and construction of related machinery and equipment.
2) Responsible for the mechanical design of machinery and mechanical systems used on machines, including engineering design calculations.
3) Implements product improvement programs.
4) Keeps abreast of current technical progress in all related fields of activity.
5) Sees that adequate records of formulae, drawings, process methods, bills of materials and product construction standards are maintained.
6) Ensures that adequate records to support patent actions are maintained and, in particular, maintains a daily log for this purpose.
7) Directs preparation of progress reports and ensures that all appropriate personnel are kept abreast of mechanical engineering and development activities.
8) Prepares and presents papers and reports of a technical nature as required.
9) Provides engineering support on company products to other departments as required.
10) Seeks, evaluates and conducts negotiations with vendors with respect to new mechanical engineering systems or proposed machinery components sufficient to carry out desired designs.
11) Supports Technical Service, including travel to customers’ facilities as required.
12) Understands and utilizes the CMD integrated business system effectively.
13) Has a good working knowledge in the use of AutoCAD and Solid Works 3D Modeling.
14) Responsible to mentor Mechanical Designers and Mechanical Co-ops, to assist with their professional development and potential career advancement.
15) Visibly supports “lean” and other process improvement activities. Participates in rapid improvement events. Applies continuous improvement practices to one’s job. Supports transition activities, as required. Maintains an open mind throughout the change process. Works with others to continuously fuel improvement throughout the Company.
16) Contributes to CMD’s core competencies of Market Intelligence and Product Development by gathering and reporting all relevant information. This includes: competitive information; and new technology trends.
17) Responsible for own safety. Practices only safe work habits and ensures all safety rules are followed. Responsible to keep area clean and organized to ensure safe working conditions.
18) Performs other appropriate duties as required or requested by supervisor.
PRINCIPLE WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Interacts with product development staff and other departments. Works as a team player and cooperates with co workers to get the job done.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The incumbent will regularly sit, and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to finger, handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. During the performance of his/her duties, the incumbent will occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee works in an office environment where the noise level is moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineer-to-Order Machinery Industry: 4 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition reimbursement