SCADA Control Engineer
Tulsa, OK / Cushing, OK
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and resolve programming issues to increase facility up-time.
- Develop and improve existing Ignition system.
- Develop and improve existing PLC system
- Review/validate Engineering deliverables to ensure SCADA integration is consistent.
- Help to maintain access control of all PLCs and programs.
- Collaborate across internal teams to contribute technical advice and provide fulltime technical support to Operations and Control Center staff.
- Seek to build security during the development stages of software systems, networks, and data centers
- Look for vulnerabilities and risks in hardware and software
- Develop SCADA testing procedures and routine testing schedule. Test Ignition to ensure optimal performance, monitoring the system to address issues or adjust automated processes.
- Analyze data, prepare reports, and present findings.
- Manage initiatives and projects for delivery on time and within budget.
- Regular attendance at the worksite is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- 2+ years’ experience developing, deploying, and maintaining SCADA systems and implementing PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) programs.
- A background in the oil and gas industry preferred, including familiarity with pipeline automation, oilfield logistics and operations.
- Experience with the following platforms preferred:
- Allen Bradley RS Logix
- Ladder Logic
- PID Loop Control
- Prosoft Modbus Communications Modules
- Electronics / Circuits
- Experience with the following protocols preferred:
- Modbus TCP/IP
- Modbus RTU
Position Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep expertise in Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) control system architecture and PLC programs.
- Ability to develop, deploy, and maintain an Ignition SCADA system.
- Knowledge of a wide array of automation hardware, platforms, and tools.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) with ability to present complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving, and business acumen.
- Skills in requirements analysis and project management.
- Willingness to be available and work extended hours.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to be a positive representative of the Company both internally and externally.
- Ability to work with respect and cooperation at all times with fellow employees and customers.
- Must be committed to working safely at all times.
Up to 25%. May require the ability to travel to field locations where environment may vary significantly.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally position, transport and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand; walk;
- Be stationary for long periods of time;
- Use fingers and/or hands to handle and feel;
- Move about in an office environment;
- Work using repetitive motion.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work requires physical efforts associated with using the computer and phones to access and relay information.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Regularly in an office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Regularly in a Crude Oil Terminal environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
This position is required to be performed at the work site during regularly scheduled hours. Physical presence at the work site is required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- developing, deploying, and maintaining SCADA systems: 2 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel: