Calumet Specialty Products partners, L.P. is a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products. Our product lines include both naphthenic and paraffinic oils, aliphatic solvents, synthetic lubricants, asphalt, fuels, white mineral oils, waxes, petroleum and hydrocarbon gels. Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. has one of the most diverse specialty hydrocarbon capabilities in the world.
Want to learn more? Go to www.calumetspecialty.com to learn all about our amazing line of products.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are a self-starting individual that works better in an environment of teamwork and collaboration. Having your head down and completing tasks in isolation doesn’t appeal to you; you’d rather solve a problem together with people that complement your skills. You view communication between engineers as the hallmark of a healthy team and you welcome coaching from your superiors and your peers if it means improving your performance. You have a strong desire to provide positive customer service no matter what and you see an opportunity to help someone in every interaction. Standardization of systems and standardization of the customer experience is how you see an IT department providing the best service to an organization. You are proactive in your work and much prefer to put the effort in today to avoid being surprised by a problem tomorrow. If a system cannot be trusted to remain available, you dig into the problem until you can explain the cause. Above all else, you’re in pursuit of efficiency and continuous improvement in the work you do, never content to allow solutions to outlive their usefulness. You can be trusted to remain accountable for your work and you strive to create value for the organization in the tasks you complete.
The IT Systems Engineer is responsible for effective installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of IT Infrastructure-related hardware and software. This role focuses on understanding the relationship between large IT systems and the many end-users that rely on them. The IT Systems Engineer operates on these systems strategically, ensuring minimal downtime and minimal negative downstream impact. The purpose of this role is to provide reliable services to the company that allows the business to enhance communication and efficiencies.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Complete projects planned out by the IT Infrastructure team, which may include projects from external departments that bring requests to the IT Architecture Review Board or IT Governance Council.
- Spend time with business stakeholders to improve understanding of the utilization of IT systems and services within the organization.
- Maintain and support a high-level functionality of all servers within the company, leading on-site IT to remedy localized errors or outages.
- Act as the escalation point for IT Systems Administrators, the IT Site Support group, and other staff within the IT department on IT infrastructure-related questions or problems.
- Design, implement, and support complex technological solutions based on Corporate IT standards.
- Review system logs to verify operational integrity and preempt potential failures.
- Patch and upgrade IT infrastructure systems on a regular basis, coordinating with key stakeholders, IT Site Support, and other department members on large-scale outages (planned and unplanned).
- Identify opportunities for resource optimization within the IT infrastructure and implement corrections based on findings.
- Maintain and support IT infrastructure hardware and connectivity, working with on-site contacts and vendors to troubleshoot remote devices/connections.
- Administer servers across the organization, promoting self-learning and encouraging a distributed responsibility for the IT infrastructure that can be shared between the IT Infrastructure and IT Site Support groups.
- Provide guidance for workstation deployment and improvement, assisting with rollouts when required.
- Coordinate with other IT staff to learn new skills and improve the consistency of the customer experience at all Calumet locations.
- With the support of the company and the manager, self-study and earn industry certifications to expand technical skillset and grow career.
- High school diploma
- Bachelor’s degree and/or industry certifications (relevant work experience may be considered)
- Ability to participate in on-call rotations during off-hours and weekends
- Proven ability to work with new and unfamiliar technologies
- Working knowledge of some of the following technologies/areas: networking, physical hardware, virtualization technology, cybersecurity, IT best-practice
- 5+ years of experience working in an IT-related field
- Associate-level certifications and professional-level certifications, including but not limited to the following areas: networking, physical hardware, virtualization technology, cyber security, IT best-practices
- IT experience in a manufacturing, refining, or packaging facility a plus
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.