Titan Tire Corporation is looking to fill the position of Operating Engineer. This position will obtain and maintain a 1st Class City of Des Moines Operating Engineer's License to ensure smooth operation of Power House. Must know, practice, and be in compliance with all safety rules and procedures. Maintain communication and teamwork to produce a product of the highest quality by the most effective process.
- Inspect at beginning of shift, all equipment under jurisdiction.
- Must be able to correct all improper conditions.
- Must be able to make all repairs within his/her power on equipment.
- Report to Maintenance Supervisor any work not able to perform.
- Give Power Plant priority over other repairs working on equipment within his/her jurisdiction.
- Record and report all maintenance completed on shift.
- Record and observe all meters as directed by Chief Engineer.
- Record and report all required information in equipment log.
- Able to assist other employees learning job requirements for other licenses.
- Assist in an emergency as required or directed.
- Assist in keeping working area clean and orderly.
- Report and complete all PM's in timely manner as assigned.
- Be in compliance with all safety, OSHA, and EPA requirements. Must comply with all plant safety policies, directives and work in a safe manner.
- Required to have 1st Class City of Des Moines Operating Engineers License and ensure license is up to date and remains in force.
- City of Des Moines, Iowa Certification/technical degree preferred and/or equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to Michael Gerlach, HR Manager at Michael.Gerlach@titan-intl.com
Titan is an Equal Opportunity Employer & a Drug-Free Workplace