Reporting to the Senior Test Engineer, this position designs, develops, and improves new or existing electronic product and test processes. Design, develop and improve testing equipment used for new or existing product. Engineers determine the cost effectiveness of manufacturing methods to meet customer needs and assist in releasing products from Engineering to the Production Department in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES::
- Responsible for decisions regarding the manufacturability of and production of new product lines.
- Work with Production, Sales, and Materials to establish production standards.
- Work with customers and Materials Department in establishing Bill of Materials, replacement percentages, approval of suppliers/vendors, and part specifications.
- Must develop project plans and meet schedules.
- Communicates with Sales Department and customers to determine specific customer quality needs.
- Plans, builds and directs the construction of prototypes to meet customer and internal requirements.
- Establishes electronic test requirements if not previously specified by the customer and develops and directs the testing of new-product prototypes to verify product reliability.
- Assists in the design and development of electronic testing machines.
- Coordinates with Quality, Production, Sales, and customers new product launches.
- Sets up new equipment and ensures its satisfactory operation.
- Assists the engineering department regarding product redesign to resolve product or production difficulties.
- Trains production personnel on new equipment operation and process.
- Recommends and implements new processes, controls, and manufacturing methods
- Stays informed concerning new manufacturing technology and equipment and investigates their potential applications. Recommends incorporation of new technology for company applications where feasible and practical.
- Follows engineering process to ensure ISO 9001: 2015 certification.
- Assists the Capital Budgeting process and evaluates new and potential capital equipment.
- Participate in and support the principles of Open Book Management and recognize the responsibilities of being an owner of the company.
- Required to follow safety standards. Required to wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
- Work attendance must be exemplary.
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is performed mostly in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions for periods of time is possible.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. Sitting 50%, standing/walking 50%. : Frequently lift and or move up to 20 pounds and 50 pounds occasionally.
SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY/ EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BS/BA in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Manufacturing Technology or related discipline or equivalent knowledge from work experience.
- Must have software experience: C#, Labview, Visual Basic, Test Exec a plus.
- Must have electronic circuit schematic/development experience:
- Must have experience troubleshooting Electronic circuitry.
- Prefer Five (5) years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering or Product Development.
- Able to mentally visualize and comprehend aspects of a manufacturing equipment or tooling problem, understand the interrelationships of factors affecting a given situation, and be attentive to detail.
- Capable of efficiently integrating existing methods with new innovations to economically solve production problems in a timely manner.
- Experience working within a Quality System; ISO 9001:2015 preferred
- Experience in product flow, plant layout, assembly/machining equipment and continuous improvement systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task by balancing/prioritizing 5-10 projects/cases at any given time.
- Requires effective relationship management skills with co-workers in a team environment and with customers/prospects in an engineering sales and support context.
- Requires the desire to expand personal competencies and capabilities through training and education.
- Computer literacy/experience required. Must be proficient in Windows environments. Working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, spreadsheets, e-mail, and Web-enabled applications.