Under general direction of the Infrastructures Services Group Manager or other assigned responsible management, supervises and performs responsible professional office and field engineering work, including major design projects or major construction projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
· Manage the planning, design, and constructions stages of civil engineering projects.
· Interact and develop working relationships with clients and project stakeholders
· Coordinate civil design functions in multi-discipline projects
· Performs due diligence and feasibility studies for new design projects.
· Prepares and/or supervises engineers and technicians in preparing detailed plans and specifications related to civil engineering projects, such as roads, bridges, railbeds, sewer and storm drainage, water supply, structures or related facilities.
· Prepares proposals, specifications, cost estimates, schedules, and contract documents for engineering projects.
· Performs or supervises engineering inspection of construction of civil engineering projects.
· Performs or supervises the testing of construction materials.
· Prepares engineering reports on the progress and completion of engineering projects.
· May supervise or direct the conduct of field surveys preliminary to project design.
· Secures data, prepares reports, and makes presentations for internal staff or external client/customer meetings on proposed projects.
· Performs other related functions as assigned or apparent.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
· Extensive knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices applied to project design and construction.
· Extensive knowledge of the basic principles and practices of engineering field and office work, including drafting and surveying.
· Extensive knowledge of principles, methods, equipment and materials used in construction of civil engineering projects.
· Ability to plan and direct the work of engineers, engineering technicians and other staff.
· Ability to make difficult engineering computations, estimates and designs.
· Ability to prepare and interpret plans and specifications and to perform or supervise the engineering inspection of project construction.
· Ability to make precise survey measurements and to make and interpret survey calculations.
· Ability to effectively and respectfully communicate and interact with other employees, supervisors, individuals from other organizations, and clients/customers.
Education: BS in Civil Engineering with Professional Engineer (PE) License.
Experience: Five to seven years experience in civil engineering design and construction or other related engineering work.
Requirements: Applicant must have a valid drivers license and a clean driving record. To ensure a safe, healthy and productive work environment for our employees, we enforce a drug and alcohol policy that adheres to DOT regulations.
To learn more about Krech Ojard & Associates, please visit our website at www.krechojard.com
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Staff are currently working from home with limited office visits. COVID-19 protocol must be adhered to, wearing masks, temperature checks and maintaining 6 foot distance.
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings