RF Engineer II
As a division of Knowles Corporation, Knowles Precision Devices (KPD), focuses on production of a wide variety of highly engineered Capacitors and Microwave to Millimeter Wave components for use in critical applications in military, medical, electric vehicle, and 5G market segments. Radar, pacemakers, MRI equipment, satellites, airplanes, electric vehicles and mobile phone base stations are just a few of the places you will find our products. Our products can be found in every corner of the world, from 8000ft below the earth’s surface to orbiting 254 miles above us on the ISS.
We are a Specialty Components manufacturer, which means we choose to take on the complex challenges that come with High Reliability, High Temperature, High Performance and High Frequency solutions. This is built on our commitment to innovation, whether it be our ongoing creativity in manufacturing high performance multi-layer ceramic capacitors, or our unique ceramic formulations that allow us to provide the highest performance-for-footprint mmWave filters available.
We aim to be a leader in every market we serve, to the benefit of our customers and our mutual long-term success. We achieve this by:
- Understanding our customers’ real needs and providing products and services to meet and exceed them.
- Providing better products and services than competitors.
- Investing in product development, manufacturing processes and people.
- Insisting on the highest ethical standards and a business culture of trust, respect and open communication.
Overview: As an RF Engineer II, you will be responsible for the design and developing new RF & Microwave components as well as performing testing and analysis on components such as filters, couplers, power dividers and resistive components. This position is also responsible for aiding engineering and manufacturing in data analysis as well as root cause failure analysis.
Location: This position is based out of the Cazenovia, NY facility.
Reporting Structure: This position reports to the RF Engineering Manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Design new RF/Microwave passive components using 3D finite element simulation software.
- Follow established standard design processes.
- Assist with electrical testing on various RF/Microwave passive components.
- Create and work with technical documentation to assist proposal and development efforts.
- Perform data analysis on production parts in order to determine root cause failures and help improve RF designs.
- Work with other RF Engineers and operations to assist in statistical analysis and data collection.
- Support MRB process.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong understanding of RF/Microwave theory and how it is applied to passive RF components.
- Strong Computer Skills, including the ability to quickly learning new design software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently.
- Perform problem solving with little help from others.
- Hold a degree from an accredited BS/MS/Ph.D Electrical Engineering Program with a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Must have relevant course work in RF/Microwave Fundamentals, Electromagnetics, Analog Circuits, etc.
- Experience with electromagnetic simulations tools such as SONNET, AWR, Genesis, HFSS, CST is a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in passive RF component design.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US without restriction to ITAR documentation and materials.
- Must be a US citizen, legal permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Equal Opportunity Statement. Knowles Precision Devices prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement