- To ship, receive, and handle materials, supplies, and equipment, and maintain inventory control and records; perform related work.
- To complete ship preparation of EGM service products and spares using custom made wood boxing / crating along with standard wood crating, cardboard boxing or standard packaging.
- To be responsible for Edwards Inventory in the STC which includes stocking shelves and rotates inventory when applicable, maintain shelf-life adherence, delivers and retrieves material/supplies to and from work or storage areas, completing applicable SAP transactions when necessary and maintain inventory controls, records, and accuracy.
- Support key KPI reporting for Leybold spares into the Logistics group both for region and Global KPI reporting though managing materials holds and materials movement transactions in SAP.
- To support Spares availability in STC, by ensuring replacement orders and first-time request orders are being raised as required and communicate supply issues as they arise.
- Support the availability modelling and sizing tools used from forecast and Central Logistics teams to ensure availability and health of Leybold spares is both monitored and maximized.
1. Receives and unloads freight, either manually or with equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks and may involve receiving and storing of flammable, caustic or hazardous materials.
2. Checks for damaged goods; verifies quantity and quality of order; verifies items received with purchase order;
3. Receives pumps and spare parts into the STC and maintains associated records.
4. Tags and issues material/supplies
5. Driving to local vendors for material pickup/delivery.
6. Prepares pumps and spare parts for shipment and tender shipment to contract/preferred carriers daily.
7. Post Weights and shipping charges and maintains detailed shipping lots.
8. Maintains the accuracy of exchange pump pool, finished goods, and spare parts inventory and associated stock records.
9. Issue and distribute spare parts to service repairs/orders as required.
10. Ensure good housekeeping principles are being used to keep work areas neat and orderly per 6’s which includes light janitorial and maintenance duties of equipment and vehicles as required.
11. Maintain forklift certification and safe operation of forklift and other mechanical lifting devices.
12. Through observation of work area(s), remain alert to and avoids unsafe behaviors and conditions or other hazards. Reports any observed hazards to supervisor. Participates in corrective measures when appropriate or authorized. Maintains personal area in an orderly fashion, free of hazards.
13. Reports all injuries and/or near misses to supervisor immediately. Participates in and cooperates with accident investigations.
14. Fully participates in assigned training programs. Attempts to perform only those tasks for which proper training has been received. Notifies supervisor if faced with a task which is potentially hazardous to self or co-workers due to inadequate training or lack of appropriate PPE.
15. Becomes familiar with and practices all safety procedures. Seeks clarification or additional information when required. Strictly adheres to requirements for PPE and all safety rules.
- 3 to 5 years experience in an Operations environment preferably strong working knowledge of inventory management systems with Supply Chain management knowledge and 1 to 3 years experience.
- Proven ability to deliver day to day activities on time and safely.
- Excellent communication skills, including well-developed inter-personal skills relating to internal members and global operations personnel.
- Computer literate, specifically:MS Office skills, with high proficiency in Excel and Access
- Knowledge of MRP transaction and planning systems (e.g. MAPICS, SAP), and coordinating domestic/international deliveries (e.g. BOL, EEI/ITN filing, etc.).
- Highly motivated and willingness to take the initiative for implementing continuous improvements and to achieve set goals and objectives.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and lift up to 50 lbs without mechanical device.
- Knowledge of vacuum applications, industry, and equipment an advantage.
- Perferred previous forklift and pallet jack experience.
Edwards is a leading developer and manufacturer of sophisticated vacuum products, exhaust management systems and related value-added services. Edwards solutions are integral to manufacturing processes for semiconductors, flat panel displays, LEDs and solar cells. They are also used within an increasingly diverse range of industrial processes including power, glass and other coating applications; steel and other metallurgy; pharmaceutical and chemical; and for scientific instruments in a wide range of R&D applications.
Edwards has over 4,000 employees worldwide engaged in the design, manufacture and support of high technology vacuum and exhaust management equipment. Edwards has state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Europe, Asia and North America.