Major engineering firm is looking for a Junior or Mid-Level Engineer, Scientist, or Geologist to join our growing Jacksonville office. Responsible for field environmental assessments, and corrective action serving both industrial and government clients. Field experience should include performing hazardous waste site investigations and various types of sampling, including low-flow groundwater sampling, surface water, sediment, soil, subsurface vapor, and air sampling is desired; remediation experience is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS:
- Preparation of Phase I investigation and reporting, remedial investigation, remedial system design, feasibility studies, remedial action plans, groundwater monitoring plans and reports; cost estimating; and technical writing.
- Field work planning and preparation, drilling and monitoring well installation oversight, logging soil boreholes, remedial system implementation (e.g. subsurface injections) and operation and maintenance, and report preparation including text, tables and figures. Field work will also consist of the collection and proper documentation of soil, groundwater, surface water, and sediment samples to define the nature and extent of contamination.
- Support a wide variety of municipal and federal projects involving pipelines, collection systems, lift/pump stations, storage and equalization facilities, pipeline rehabilitation and treatment facilities, site investigations, permit preparations, engineering studies, environmental designs, environmental testing programs and remediation/construction design and management.
About Tetra Tech:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in engineering, geosciences or related technical discipline is required. An advanced degree is a plus.
- 3 to 6 years of relevant experience with geologic, engineering, and scientific data interpretation on environmental projects including investigation, reporting, and permitting.
- 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER training along with being current on the 8-hour refresher training is required. Other OSHA training is desirable.
- Have the educational background to be able to obtain a professional license/registration such as a GIT, PG, or PMP. Currently possessing a professional licenses/registration would be a plus.
- Direct experience with implementing FDEP regulations and working under both RCRA and CERCLA programs is preferred
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.