The Senior Engineer will work in the Bay du Nord Project tasks and responsibilities include:
- The project is currently in the DG2-phase. The intention is for the Senior Engineer to follow the project through the decisions gates into the detailed well planning phase and execution.
- The Senior Engineer must be dedicated to HSE and quality, and aim for continuous improvement.
- The Senior Engineer will work in a small team. Cooperation and communication with internal and external personnel is essential.
- Working in a small D&W-team implies a high degree of responsibility and accountability. There is a unique possibility to influence the drilling solutions chosen for the field development.
- Report to D&W Lead Engineer as designated
- Contribute to D&W well engineering tasks within the Bay du Nord D&W team
- Liaise with leading advisors as needed.
- Ensure relevant lessons learned from offset projects and included in design and execution work.
- Contribute and assist to new technology development related to D&W
- Participate in procurement work to establish contracts for the field development.
- Time and cost estimates
- QC of drilling/well design and equipment specifications, ensuring that selected equipment has been tested thoroughly and qualified
- Enabling experience transfer; ensuring that experiences are registered and that experiences are incorporated in future well design and operative planning and are shared within the D&W networks
- Participation in partner and license work
- Participation on D&W duty teams and emergency response teams
- Support the local office emergency response initiatives by providing emergency response coverage on an on-call basis, as required
- Successful candidate is required to support the 2020 Exploration Drilling campaign in a 3/3 offshore rotation as Drilling Engineer (~6-8 months)
- University or higher technical education
- Relevant experience may compensate for formal qualifications
- More than 5 years of D&W engineering/operations experience
- Possess a business oriented and flexible mindset and have the ability to draw conclusions with focus on critical success factors
- A team player and contributor to the success by working effectively in a team environment with all disciplines
- Prof. Eng. Designation and eligible for registration as a professional engineer with PEG-NL
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship assistance
- Ability to live by our safety and security expectations
- Ability to adapt to new work methods
- Good cooperative skills
- Analytical and ‘’hands on’’ to relevant details
- Assertive and self-driven
- Able to handle a wide range of challenging tasks
- Carrier of the Equinor culture
- Solution oriented attitude
- Ability to seek and share experience
- Good English writing and oral skills
Not just a job. A career. We encourage you to take advantage of the many opportunities our global company offers, and empower you to build your career across multiple disciplines and geographies, exchange ideas and learn from others.
Rewards. We offer a range of reward programmes within one Equinor framework adapted to the local market. This includes competitive salary, variable pay schemes and a share savings plan.
Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees’ health and well- being is a priority and we encourage our people to make use of our flexible work arrangements to help balance their work and home lives efficiently.
An inclusive culture. Embracing an inclusive culture is a fundamental part of our values, and leveraging our diverse perspectives and experiences help us deliver together. Equinor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
Consistent with the Accord Acts, residents of Newfoundland and Labrador specifically and Canada generally, who are qualified, will be given first consideration for employment.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada without assistance.