Sporian conducts research and development that is at the forefront of science and technology. We focus on advanced sensors for applications in aerospace, energy generation, IIoT, and related industries. At Sporian, you will be involved with developing sensors and sensor systems from the conceptual stage through proof-of-concept development, detailed development, testing, and fielding. Sporian is a small, technically focused company. At Sporian, you will work in a collaborative environment on multidisciplinary teams with highly talented peers from a wide range of technical disciplines who have a passion for solving difficult problems in unique ways.
Sporian Microsystems, Inc. is currently looking for an individual to provide R&D and engineering support on a wide range of Sporian projects. This position will provide technical assistance for efforts relating to device/system design, fabrication, and testing in a highly hands-on work environment for projects relating to: harsh environment sensors, environmental sensors, chemical/biological sensors, wireless sensors, optics, and electronics packaging development. In addition to hands on work, this position is expected to work closely with project managers and other engineers/technical staff, customers, and suppliers, and assist in the development of project plans, specifications, proposals, and system and subsystem designs.
A successful candidate for this position will have the ability and the drive to manage and make significant technical contributions to current and/or future R&D projects. Sporian will consider a broad array of candidates with diverse backgrounds and select a candidate that provides the best overall fit for the varied needs of the company. For the right candidate, this position can evolve into a position leading small multi-disciplinary teams of 3-6 people while continuing to make significant technical contributions to the projects they are managing, and to successfully deliver results on R&D projects and push those results toward productization.
Note: Sporian is seeking to fill multiple positions under this posting. If you have applied for this position within the last 4 months, please do not reapply.
Education and Experience Requirements: This position requires a professional with a BS degree and at least 2 years relevant experience or a MS degree. Degrees in mechanical engineering, applied mechanics, engineering physics, physics, electrical engineering, materials science, materials engineering, or other similar scientific fields are suitable. Experience in a related industry is also highly desirable.
- This position requires work on DoD contracts that require US Citizenship status.
- Ability to provide general R&D support to a range of projects in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Strong hands-on experience/skill with hardware fabrication, testing, characterization, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to contribute to fabrication/operation of prototype systems, test-bed hardware, and critical experimental activities including design, setup, control, and reporting.
- Ability to perform basic analytical/numerical analyses to support prototyping, feasibility, and characterization efforts.
- Ability to contribute to vendor, supplier, processing, and piece-part reviews to determine suitable/optimal solutions.
- Ability to support report, proposal, and bid preparation activities requiring strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Data collection and applying mathematical techniques to the analysis of data sets.
- Ability to quickly transition between disparate efforts and responsibilities.
Desirable (but not required) Technical Experience:
- Prior experience with mechanical CAD software, particularly SolidWorks
- Knowledge of high temperature ( >1000oC) equipment or materials
- Mechanical, optical, and electronics testing methodologies and systems
- Basic optics and optoelectronics technologies
- Knowledge of optics and optical spectroscopy, Raman spectroscopy and/or hyper-spectral imaging
- Advanced microelectronics packaging
- Developing mathematical models of physical phenomena to support research protocols
- Developing mathematical algorithms to support the operation of research devices
- Experience in product development
- Experience leading a team through technical development or in project management
- Prior experience writing/developing LabVIEW VIs for data acquisition and process control tasks
- Life-long learner
- Team player
- Detail oriented
- Customer oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS-Office
- Proficient with Internet
Physical Context/Work Environment: Sporian Microsystems, Inc. is conveniently located in Lafayette near to US-287 in Boulder County, and close to Broomfield, Louisville and Erie. Work is typically conducted in both an office environment and a lab environment with occasional travel locally to nearby businesses and infrequent travel both domestically and internationally.
How to apply:
- Submit your resume.
- Include a cover letter that describes how your skills and experience fulfill the above requirements. Either attach the cover letter in Indeed or combine it with your resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Lafayette, CO 80026 (Required)
- Did you attach a cover letter detailing how your qualifications align with each point in the job posting?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Temporarily due to COVID-19