Building Engineer/Maintenance Technician - Facilities & Property Management
A Building Engineer is responsible for maintaining the buildings and grounds of various commercial properties (retail, Class A office, multi-family, hospitality, etc.) The candidate should have a strong background in HVAC, electrical and/or plumbing trades with a working knowledge of all building systems. Familiarity with repairs involving drywall, paint, door hardware and general carpentry is required. The position demands attention to detail and the ability to provide a superior customer service experience to tenants and customers. The candidate must be self-motivated and capable of working well with a team of Property Management staff.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Operates, maintains, monitors, and performs preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance on building equipment, which may include: mechanical/HVAC/plumbing systems, electrical/cabling, fire detection and suppression, life safety, lighting, temperature control systems, building management systems and digital systems.
- Maintains the professional appearances of the property, equipment, engineering spaces, and common areas.
- Maintains the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements. Familiarity with LED fixtures and drivers is a plus.
- Prepares estimates detailing the amount of time and materials needed for completing tasks.
- Maintains adequate supplies and tools and orders necessary materials to complete all tasks.
- Maintains an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
- Oversees and inspects the work performed by outside contractors. Contracted work may include landscaping, cleaning, remodeling and major HVAC, plumbing and electrical items.
- Performs work in compliance with standard operating procedures and/or critical work packages, along with all maintenance work instructions.
- Performs specialized and complex work such as carpentry, electrical, painting, roofing, HVAC, furniture assembly/relocation and locksmith tasks.
- Performs inspection of building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, plumbing and electrical.
- Uses technology devices effectively including, a smart phone/tablet and PC for interaction with managers and service management software. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is required. Prior experience with work order management systems is preferred.
- Responds to emergency situations and customer concerns.
Experience and Education Attainment:
- 5+ years of experience in building maintenance, facility management, and/or property management (pertinent experience in HVAC, electrical and plumbing may apply)
- High School Diploma or GED required (Associates degree preferred)
- Other certifications and education a plus
- Works well with a team
- Communicates well orally and in writing
- Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Position includes benefits (401K, medical insurance and paid leave)
Job Type: Full-time
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Facilities maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- HVAC/Plumbing/Electrical: 1 year (Preferred)
- EPA Refrigeration Certification (Preferred)
- Electrical License (Preferred)