The Magna Exteriors portfolio of products includes access systems such as liftgates, exterior trim, modular systems, front-end modules including fascia, active aerodynamic systems and other lightweight structural components for automotive, commercial truck and other industrial markets.
Recognized globally as an innovator in all aspects of vehicle exteriors, Magna provides everything needed, from materials development and design through manufacturing and assembly, to help automakers create sleek, state-of-the-art vehicles across the world.
- Review all changes and modifications to the paint control plan to ensure their relevance and compliance to the spray operations resulting from continuous improvement activities as well as internal or external customer requirements.
- Establish performance criteria and training requirements for:
Sames Gun Training; Fanuc: Electrical, Mechanical, RJ2; Programming Training; AB PLC Training
- Guide the activities of the robot technicians in their responsibilities to:
1. Establish and update schedules for all maintenance required to ensure the continued optimum performance of all robots and paint application equipment.
2. Program robot paint paths and operating parameters for new products and continuous improvement of existing programs within the guidelines of GM Appearance Spec. 4348.
3. Instruct and train all robot team members and team leaders in “real time” trouble shooting techniques. This includes all electrical, mechanical and pneumatic functions of the manipulator, RJ2’s, control cabinets, spray guns and PLC interconnections.
4. Initiate robot application enhancements with regard to color change cycles, paint path optimization, spray gun efficiencies etc…
- Develop, organize and improve spare parts inventories.
- Participate in and provide engineering support for all changes and upgrades to the robots and the associated equipment used in the department.
- Assist with the development written rebuild and test procedures for robot spray applications, 2K pumps, etc…
- Provide technical support to track data for analysis purposes as needed.
- Lead and participate in team activities to continuously improve paint performance goals to achieve outstanding performance levels (See attached Performance Objectives).
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Automation, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Robotics desired. Related fields can be considered Six years work related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree. Work experience combined with current schooling towards degree will be considered.
- Robot programming and maintenance training.
- Basic knowledge of PLC’s, visual basic or some equivalent programing language, use of personal computers, spreadsheet and word processing applications.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including quarterly bonuses, annual profit sharing and performance based incentives. Excellent health, dental, vision and life insurance is available to all full-time employees along with a proactive wellness program, including an on-site workout facility.