Since 1974 DMT has been a leader in the design and manufacture of Custom Workholding Fixtures, Jigs, and custom clamping systems. We specialize in hydraulic and manual fixtures for applications in both high and low volume production environments. DMT serves many markets including automotive, agriculture, marine, and off highway.
As DMT continues to grow we are adding additional design capacity.
Essential Job Functions
The primary responsibility of the Design Engineer is to collaborate and develop customer workholding from concept to manufacturing. Design is a foundational element of DMT and provides for a dynamic and broad base of interaction and experience.
Primary duties & responsibilities:
- Using conceptual design and 3D CAD modeling, design products that meet the objective of the concept proposal.
- Develop documentation for 2D prints, BOM’s and end user manuals.
- Innovate DMT and our partner’s workholding processes and strategies to continuously improve.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Mechanical Design Associates Degree
- 5 plus years of experience in mechanical product design, ideally in machine tool or workholding industry
- High degree of proficiency in 3D Modeling (preferably SOLIDWORKS and CREO)
- Familiarity with manufacturing /cnc machining processes
- Bilingual (English / Spanish)
- Computer aptitude - Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Strong work ethic and able to see the “big picture”
- Meticulous attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to write, speak and interact clearly and professionally
- Extremely organized. Strong multitasking and time-management skills
- Detail oriented
- Able to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities to exceed customer expectations
- Strong mechanical background and aptitude
- Ability to convert a concept to finished design within budget and schedule
- Strong 3D design aptitude preferably in SOLIDWORKS. Strong design principles and understanding of software capabilities. Ability to produce 3D models with sound design relationships.
- General hydraulics knowledge.
- Team oriented and developed interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate with customers, management, operations and sales in an effective manner.
- DMT offers competitive compensation, flexible work hours, paid vacations, health insurance (DMT pays for 100% of the premium), dental, 401k / profit sharing, and performance bonus benefits provided.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical Design: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture