Seeking a role with meaningful collaboration? You will find what you have been seeking at Web Industries. We are a global leader in precision converting and outsource manufacturing services for the Packaging, Personal & Home Care Market. Our customers know they can rely on us, too. We bridge their capability gaps and accelerate their go-to-market success, and our customer’s customers trust us to make their lives better every day. Employee-owned, our over 800 employees in nine locations worldwide are focused on inspiring ingenuity through the power of close collaborative relationships.
In this irreplaceable role, you will be the point of contact for our customers; supporting them with their new product introductions and legacy products through equipment installation, process validation, documentation and training; providing technical expertise to determine root cause of issues and put permanent solutions in place. We look for you to provide disciplined project direction across multiple stages of innovation for new product, process, cost-reduction and capacity improvement initiatives. You will be working with customers directly, recommending and implementing permanent solutions to issues and improving existing and new technologies and processes using sophisticated statistical tools in problem-solving and process/product improvement.
In this position you will:
- Provide day-to-day production / continuous improvement support toward attaining plant goals and objectives in the areas of quality, cost, safety and waste.
- You will provide customer facing support for the purpose of developing new products, new process, and redefining existing products.
- Will act as a valued team member to support development and execution of plans to evaluate new manufacturing processes or improvements in existing manufacturing processes
- You will be assuring quality and repeatability of processes and products for our customers’ needs.
- Identify, justify and implement cost-reduction, capacity enhancement, capital equipment and other improvement initiatives
- Design and/or specify new equipment (semi-automated / automated) or modify existing equipment to continuously improve process performance
- Develop in-depth knowledge of material, processes and/or equipment in focused areas of manufacturing or engineering
- Track the effectiveness of projects and other appropriate measures using rigorous processes and technical knowledge to build detailed technical understanding for key process steps
- Utilize performance excellence/continuous improvement tools to improve productivity and lower standard product cost
- B.S. degree in engineering with a minimum of 1-year experience in a similar capacity
- Experience with unwinding, processing and rewinding of flexible materials is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with all levels within and outside of the organization
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace and defense technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Web Industries is an equal opportunity employer.
Web Industries conducts pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
Job Type: Full-time