Boardwalk Pipelines, LP primarily provides transportation and storage of natural gas and liquids for our customers. Additional information about the Partnership can be found online at www.bwpipelines.com.
We are currently looking for an Engineer I/II/III/Sr. for our Owensboro, KY office.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing engineering and technical support to Operations, Engineering and Construction, System Planning, System Optimization, and Asset Reliability. This will be accomplished by evaluating and selecting both reciprocating and rotating compression equipment for new applications, optimizing existing equipment, running predicted compressor performance at specific operating conditions, managing various maintenance and capital projects, conducting performance tests on compression equipment, providing recommendations to improve equipment efficiency and reliability while reducing operating and maintenance costs, generating compressor load curves, support of foundation/skid/frame aligningment and leveling, assist in pulsation/vibration studies, remote monitoring of compression equipment, providing troubleshooting support to field locations, analyzing historical trend data to predict failures.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Thermodynamics as it relates to the processes of compression as well as combustion
- Strong computer skills (Advanced in Microsoft Excel/VBA programming preferred)
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Interpretation of performance curves (i.e. engine load curves, head vs flow maps, fuel curves)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Commitment to team and personal safety and ethical business practices
- Maintain a valid driver's license with safe driving record
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related engineering discipline
- Reliability tools (i.e. Root Cause Analysis)
- Project management
- Engineering economics
- Oracle EBS
- Experience in sizing and modeling of compression equipment for natural gas or other medium
- Understanding of compressor station operations and compressor station systems
- Experience in troubleshooting and maintenance of rotating machinery
- Processing equipment
- Reliability certification
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.