Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for over 35 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Aon Hewitt and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bba_2.
Job Description :
BBA is currently seeking an intermediate or senior level automation engineer or technician for a FIFO position at one of our client sites in northern Québec. The selected candidate will be called upon to integrate an engineering team with one of our clients to play a key role in delivering projects of all kinds.
More concretely, your duties will include:
Work Schedule :Skills :
- Participating in upgrading numerous control systems, including the design, definition of technical characteristics and commissioning for various projects in the mining industry.
- Preparing reports, plans, specifications and RFPs, in accordance with needs expressed by clients.
- Reviewing engineering documents.
- Performing inspections or technical surveys.
- Planning and overseeing field work.
- Applying and respecting client procedures and standards.
- Solving problems using a variety of known or innovative methods and techniques, and performing comparative studies.
- Assessing client satisfaction and maintaining close relations with the client.
- Perform commissioning of automation systems.
- Supervising site work.
- Possess functional/technical skills and an ability to learn
- Business acumen
- Ability to develop direct reports and others
- Adaptability and action-oriented
- Honest and trustworthy; adhere to BBA ethics and values
- Undergraduate degree in automated production or electrical engineering
- At least 5 years of relevant experience as an automation/instrumentation engineer or technician or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Knowledge of the Electrical Code
- Expertise in equipment POVs and start-up
- Expertise in programming
o PLCs (Allen-Bradley)
o HMIs (Allen-Bradley)
- Proficiency in project management, technical writing and troubleshooting
- Experience in cost estimations
- Member in good standing of the OIQ, PEGNL or another Canadian professional engineering association
- Bilingual (English/French), both spoken and written
o Ability to draft technical documents in both English and French (mandatory)
- Asset: Expertise in networks
- Asset: PI