Are you a process engineer that is looking for more than just a job?
Are you excited by working together with very talented people on projects that make a difference?
Do you thrive in an international environment where we design and build complex and challenging capital projects for our clients? We are actively involved in the following exciting industries:
- Life Science Industry: Designing production facilities for Flu Vaccines, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) for important drugs, Blood Fractionation for the life-saving plasma industry, and more.
- Advanced Technologies: Including the fast-paced Semiconductor Industry, Smart Batteries, and Datacenters.
- Advanced Manufacturing: Foods (Sugar, Potato Chips), Beverages (Distilled Spirits), Fast Moving Consumer Goods, and Sustainable Products and Technology.
Do you care about Safety and Sustainability like we do at Fluor?
If you do, keep reading!
Our Fluor office in Greenville, SC is looking for an enthusiastic team member with a can-do attitude that supplements our growing process team.
What we are currently looking for is a Process/Specialty Engineer I
Responsibilities of this position include providing Process Technology engineering and technical support for systems of intermediate complexity. Typical tasks are
- Perform process engineering assignments such as creating Mass Balances, PFDs (Process Flow Diagrams), and P&IDs (Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams)
- Participate in P&ID and safety reviews.
- Perform pump hydraulics, line sizing, equipment sizing, calculating heat duty, specifying pressure safety devices, instrument sizing.
- Check vendor submittals against equipment specifications
- Get familiar with and apply Fluor's practices and procedures.
- Assist in preparation of documents such as Process Scope of work, Process Design Basis and Utility Summary
- Understand and follow baseline documents for your project such as the prime contract, scope of work, execution plan, and schedule
- Perform process studies for more complex systems
Fluor is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to promote employee health, wellness, and financial security. Our offerings include medical, dental and vision plans, EAP, disability coverage, life insurance, AD&D, voluntary benefit plans, 401(k) with a company match, and training and development courses.
The salary range for this position is between $67,000 - $113,500.
Notice to Candidates:
Background checks are carried out as part of any conditional offer made, including (but not limited to & role dependant) education, professional registration, employment, references, passport verifications and Global Watchlist screening.
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
- Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering field of study and three (3) years of work-related experience; a recognized professional certification or registration in the applicable field, if required; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
- BS or MS Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical or Bio-Engineering
- Experience creating P&IDs, PFDs and mass balances
- Experience with pump hydraulics for more advanced systems
- Experience with Pressure Safety Devices - scenario analysis and load calculations
- Experience with control valve sizing
- Advanced experience in Microsoft tools - Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
- Apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
- Apply knowledge of applicable industry guidelines and regulations.
- Attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Other Job Requirements
- This position provides opportunities for temporary remote work with the possibility of permanent remote work assignment
- Experience with an EPC company in a process engineering role
- Experience in the Life Sciences, Advanced Manufacturing, or Advanced Technology industry
- Familiarity with process simulator tools such as Aspen or Hysys
- Familiarity with a hydraulic sizing program such as AFT Fathom and AFT Arrow
- Preference for a candidate local to Greenville, SC
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.