Are you an individual that pushes yourself to excel and succeed at anything handed to you? Are you in search of a way to propel your career forward? If so, the Cerium Networks Apprentice Program may be a good fit for you. Cerium Networks has an extensive history of valuing education and providing educational opportunities to individuals at all levels to ensure the organization’s ability to continue to lead within the technology industry. An apprentice is given the unique opportunity to learn and grow in concept, theories, and real-life experience with the benefit of compensation. This program is to fast track you to Engineering titles within all Cerium Networks departments rather than fighting through 3-5+ years of information technology entry level positions/experience hoping for the opportunity to advance.
The Apprenticeship Program will begin in the late Spring May 2020. We will begin interviewing in March. Start date for selected candidates is flexible, with starting as soon as position is offered until mid-June.
The Apprenticeship is a blend of classroom and on the job training. Apprentices will perform entry-level information technology systems, application and customer support for organization while developing their technical skills and certifications.
Apprentice Program Education (25%):
Information Technology Department (50% +):
- Classes– Pass all class coursework/tests with 80% or better.
- CCNA – Pass CCNA Routing & Switching certification test.
- M365 Certified
- CompTia A+ Certification
- Final Project and Presentation
- Time Duration: Approximately 12 Months
- Act as initial contact for all internal customer technical support required for computer workstation hardware and software, telephone, network, operating system, printing, and Internet access problems.
- Investigate user problems and identifies their source; determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions, and escalate to higher level when needed.
- Perform installs, upgrades, moves, and changes for computer workstation hardware and software, printers, and other peripheral devices.
- 24 hour/7 day on-call sup
- port as scheduled.
- Maintain confidentiality with the business information being processed, stored, or accessed by end-users on the network.
Engineering Department (25% +/-) – based on customer project needs:
- Assist Engineering Teams with customer facing projects; includes but not limited to phone system and/or networking equipment. This may require long-distance travel and remote lodging.
- Associates degree in Information Technology or Computer Science/Engineering, Technical Certification, or related field or equivalent experience of two years related work experience. Bachelor's degree strongly desired.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Time Management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment