**Please note that this position is for the Temporary Student Job for Testing Engineering Representative for our Delta BC location. You must be a currently enrolled student in a Canadian post-secondary institution program.
LabTest Certification Inc. is a Canadian-based Testing & Certification Body with Head Office in Delta, BC (Canada), and additional locations in Richmond, BC (Canada), Toronto, ON (Canada), and Las Vegas, NV (USA).
We are currently looking for two (2) individuals for our Delta, BC location who are self-motivated, target driven, and eager to develop and explore new ideas. These two positions are temporary part-time positions for students of a Canadian Post Secondary Institution.
To learn more about LabTest and what we do, please visit our website at www.labtestcert.com.
The role of these positions is to bring “out of the box” ideas and new/creative engineering approach within the Technical Department.
You will be working closely with the Environmental, Building Materials, and PPE Testing Department and you will be reporting to its Department Manager.
If you have the following, you may be the person we are looking for!
You are a student enrolled in either of these programs or similar:
· Mechanical Engineering
· Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering
· Marine Engineering
· Integrated Engineering
· Applied Engineering
· Environmental Engineering
You are bringing to the table:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Engineering creativity and “out of the box” mindset
· Ability to work in team settings
· Knowledge of different engineering computer programs (Coding, Computer-Aided Design, Computer-Aided Engineering, etc.)
· Strong organizational skills
· “Get-going” and “Get-it-done” personality
If you are hired, what will you be doing at LabTest?
Key duties will include, but not limited to, the following:
· Sample(s) inspection, create records in LabTest’s internal database, prepare test data sheets and other relevant documents related to projects
· Helping testing engineers setting up the equipment for different test methods
· Attending testing, acquire and compile test data
· Prepare Draft Reports using provided templates and acquired data during testing
· Project(s) step-by-step updates using LabTest’s internal database
· Dismantle test setups by taking a sample(s), measuring equipment and tool(s) back to their storage location; general cleanup at the end of the project
· General online research relevant to new projects or projects in-progress, necessary materials purchases, placing orders, deliveries follow-ups, payments coordination between Technical and Accounting Departments
· Testing equipment and Testing apparatus maintenance work: repairs, components replacement, maintenance records
· Verification of the calibration records for testing equipment ready to be used for new projects and/or projects in-progress
· Identify and suggest relevant improvements and feasible upgrades related to testing equipment and testing apparatus used within the department
· Working closely with project engineers in designing and implementing different automation systems to the existing setups in the lab
If you are hired, what will be the working conditions?
· Working location: LabTest Certification – Head Office (Delta, BC)
· Work hours - TBD
· Candidates will be using LabTest’s IT tools (laptops, IP phones). LabTest will provide e-mail and Office 365 accounts.
· Internal training and engineering testing concepts will be provided with expectations after the hiring process is completed.
If you are hired, you can start:
Contract length: 4 months
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Application deadline: 2020-11-11
Expected start date: 2020-11-16
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday