Lake Superior Consulting, LLC, a Shawcor Company, is an engineering service provider with offices in multiple locations around the United States. We provide engineering design and field support services to clients in the pipeline and other heavy industries. Our typical services include: Engineering Design and Project Management, Integrity Management, Welding Inspection, Coating Inspection, Survey, Quality Control, Inline Inspection, and Cathodic Protection.
LAKE SUPERIOR CONSULTING is currently growing at a fast pace and as part of that growth, we are seeking to fill a key position as an Senior Electrical Engineer at our office in Omaha, NE.
This position is responsible for executing electrical engineering design work. Projects are typically multi-disciplinary. This position will often be responsible for project lead responsibilities requiring coordination within multi-discipline design teams and managing workflow through all stages of design including schematic, design development, and construction document phases to complete the projects on schedule. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the successful delivery of each project through efficient execution, coordination of internal staff, external contractors, and management of change.
- Execute moderate to large sized projects and make decisions and recommendations on technical or complex issues.
- Lead discipline team in project execution. Role will provide opportunity for project management of multiple disciplines.
- Work with project team to create all design documents and drawings, including one and three-line diagrams, protection and control schematics, communications diagrams, wiring diagrams, plan views, section and detail drawings and application of mark-ups for projects.
- Specification development for the procurement, installation and testing of electrical equipment.
- Significant design and design review responsibilities, engineering calculations, studies, detailed design, report writing, field investigations and direction of lower level engineers and/or designers
- Apply engineering application software to complete engineering tasks such as ground grid design, equipment sizing, relay coordination, and electrical studies.
- Communicate and coordinate project activities with project lead, customer representatives, and other stakeholders.
- Frequently interact with clients, vendors and contractors
- BS in Electrical Engineering discipline
- 3+ years of related experience
- PE licensure preferred
- Industrial electrical power system experience strongly desired
- Experience in design of complex high, medium, and low voltage power systems, electrical equipment upgrades, arc flash hazards analysis, switchgear, motor control centers, drives, service entrance, lighting, emergency power and power distribution equipment is desired.
- Direct experience related to power plants and substation design is a plus
- Experience in use of SKM Power Tools or similar.
- Knowledge in the application of the National Electrical Code and National Electric Safety Code.
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical safety systems, NFPA 70E
- Field experience supporting projects that are in construction a plus
- Instrumentation and control (I&C) design including SCADA, design of control systems, design of control panels, specifying instruments, development of network architectures, PLC design, developing control strategies are a plus.
- Broad electrical background, including experience in control systems and/or motor control centers.
WHY WORK FOR LAKE SUPERIOR CONSULTING?
Our Growth is Your Opportunity:
We are growing across all levels and functions and expanding our regional offices. This creates opportunity for our current employees to gain new skills and take advantage of promotional opportunities. We have opportunities for all levels of people from recent graduates and professionals to technicians, empowering you to grow personally and professionally. Whether you are a technician or an engineer, whatever your career aspirations, you will see the opportunity in front of you at LSC.
Make an immediate impact:
New employees can expect to be given responsibility and are expected to bring new ideas to the table almost immediately. Your ideas and contributions will be listened to, welcomed and appreciated!
Work with industry leaders:
We are in the consulting business. Therefore, it is our knowledge that is “sold” to our clients. That said, we hire only the best. Our employees work alongside many subject matter experts and have the opportunity to learn and grow their own knowledge base by working alongside other high achievers.
Gain diverse well-rounded experiences:
Our engineering teams have the ability to work on diverse projects that are never the same. This means continuous learning and development of skills and increased knowledge base.
Promotion from within:
A culture that values our employees’ contributions and awards those who step up through promotional opportunities. Many of our employees have been able to assume leadership roles early in their careers through demonstrated hard work and dedication. Molding your own career path is a common theme amongst our team members.
We have a culture that supports playing to our peoples’ strengths and empowering them to make decisions. Our leadership values an entrepreneurial approach to achieving success, solving problems and supporting our clients.
Competitive Salary and Benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K/Profit Sharing (6% company match)
- Company paid life, AD&D, and short/long term disability
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays (twelve per year)
Job Type: Full-time
- related: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance