Waterway Permitting/NEPA Document Specialist - Environmental :
We are looking for a Waterway Permitting/NEPA Document Specialist for our Akron, Ohio location. The ideal candidate will prepare Section 404/401 permit applications and NEPA documents for transportation, utility, energy, and commercial development projects. Tasks will include writing and reviewing technical report writing, preparing Section 401/404 permit applications, conducting environmental impact analysis, and preparing NEPA documents (CE, EA, and EIS). This position will involve travel, overnight stays, and interaction with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and regulatory agency personnel.
What You'll Do::
- Independently prepare and review wetland delineation and stream functional assessments using data collected by others.
- Coordinate with federal and state agencies regarding endangered species and historic resources.
- Understand, organize, and format information included in construction plans.
- Write, revise, and review technical documents including narratives, maps, and standard forms related to various environmental topics.
- Create maps and graphics using GIS.
- Prepare Nationwide and Individual Section 404 and Section 401 Water Quality Permit Applications.
- Organize and write NEPA documents using online or hardcopy methods.
- Facilitate public involvement activities including meetings, mailings, advertisements, and media release to satisfy Section 404, Section 401, and NEPA regulations.
Why Choose ms consultants? :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Policy, Geography, or other relevant field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience with technical documents preferred.
- Verifiable work experience in Army Corps waterway permit applications and environmental report preparation.
- Experience with state DOT transportation development or utility/energy projects is preferred.
We are proud to be an award-winning engineering, architecture, planning and environmental consulting firm, annually ranking within ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms. Known since 1963 for providing quality design solutions, we offer comprehensive and innovative planning, management, design, and analysis for public and private clients. With 9 offices located in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, North Carolina, and West Virginia, our technical personnel meet clients’ national and local needs by providing expertise in various engineering, architecture, and planning specialties.
We partner with a variety of public and private clients and take pride in the many relationships we have formed by providing quality design solutions since 1963. We are dedicated to helping these clients achieve their goals through integrated, innovative solutions, and outstanding customer service.
Our Vision: :
Talented people… exceptional service… successful solutions
Our Mission: :
By investing in our people, clients, and communities, we will nurture our philosophy of teamwork, respect, a caring attitude, and excitement, creating opportunities for success.
ms consultants offers salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and prescription insurance coverage, long-term disability, life insurance, 401K plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, in addition to performance bonuses, paid time off, and paid holidays.
To Apply: :
Please apply online via our website at www.msconsultants.com/careers
ms consultants, inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. ms fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. ms does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information.