Seneca Foods is one of North America's leading providers of packaged fruits and vegetables with facilities located throughout the United States. Our high quality products are primarily sourced from over 2,000 American farms. Seneca holds the largest share of the retail private label, food service, and export canned vegetable markets, distributing to over 90 countries. Products are also sold under the brands of Libby’s®, Aunt Nellie’s®, READ®, Seneca Farms®, Green Valley®, CherryMan®, Paradise®, Pennant®, and Seneca labels, including Seneca snack chips. Seneca also provides vegetable products to other companies under various co-pack arrangements.
Seneca Foods Corporation is currently looking for a qualified energetic Manufacturing Engineer to work at our Can Manufacturing facility located in Baraboo, WI.
Seneca Foods in Baraboo, is a 3-piece can manufacturing facility. The facility receives coils of raw steel then cuts and puts on a food safe protective coating onto sheets. From there the sheets are formed into can bodies and ends. The cans and ends are sent to other Seneca owned canneries to be filled with various food products.
Seneca Foods offers a very competitive salary based on experience, an excellent benefit package, flexible schedule, matching 401k program, paid training and continued professional development. Relocation Assistance opportunities available with accepted offers.
The Manufacturing Engineer helps develop, improve and optimize manufacturing processes by identifying areas for improvement, maintaining high levels of manufacturing and product quality, designing new products and processes, as well as ensuring cost-efficiency and conformance with regulatory standards.
- Evaluates & improves manufacturing efficiencies by analyzing & planning workflow, space requirements, speed and equipment layout.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, researching testing methods, and conferring with equipment vendors.
- Optimizes facility layouts, production lines, machine operations and network performance.
- Plan, execute & finalize new projects according to strict deadlines within budget.
- Completes design & development projects by training & guiding technicians.
- Assist with preventative maintenance programs in coordination with plant management.
- Provides support with troubleshooting, quality, PM’s and project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Preferred (3) three years of manufacturing or industrial engineering experience with troubleshooting and evaluating manufacturing processes and product flow.
- Previous experience with Auto CAD or similar software
- Familiarity with manufacturing equipment & Quality Assurance techniques.
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Preferred proficiency with Statistical Calculations and Strength/Load Calculations
- Familiarity with safety standards & environmental regulations.
- Project Management skills and experience
- High level of problem solving skills and abilities
Seneca Foods Corporation is committed to providing equal opportunity for all, through a positive and continuing affirmative action program. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status or any other Federal or State legally protected classes. Seneca Foods Corporation will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and feel you need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact us at ADA@senecafoods.com or call 315-926-8100.