As a Transmission Engineer, you will be a part of a growing team that supports all aspects of the construction process by performing innovative design engineering through brainstorming conceptual designs, performing and/or reviewing structural calculations, developing plans, scheduling tasks to meet client needs, as well as mitigating risk to keep our construction crews safe.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner's engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services. Our engineering teams bring power projects to life across North America in the following areas:
Renewables and new technology
This position is based out of our Lenexa, KS office and typically requires less than 25 percent travel.
- Work collaboratively on a team environment to understand scope, prepare deliverables, and provide project updates.
- Perform cost effective designs based on industry, company, and/or client standards.
- Generate design criteria, reports, design verifications, and clearance tables for Power Line Systems (PLS-CADD).
- Build and modify pole and tower models for PLS-CADD design.
- Develop construction assembly drawings, material selection, and structure loading packages for submittal to vendors.
- Develop construction specification packages that include drawings, one lines, phasing, and standard installation specifications.
- Travel out of town for short periods of time as required by projects and assignments
- Attend external and internal meetings to support processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, civil engineering, or related field
- At least three years’ experience designing and engineering transmission lines between 69kV and 765kV
- Proficient in PLS-CADD, PLS-Pole and PLS-Tower
- Knowledge of MFAD, LPILE, and NESC requirements as well as NESC, ASCE, IEEE, and RUS design standards
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.