Lockheed Martin is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to support our SOF GLSS Program. This program is critical to the success of US service men and women deployed throughout the world. Our mission is to rapidly and properly equip the SOF community and its war fighters with the best possible mission systems and equipment.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will work as part of an engineering team based in Lexington, KY. The team is focused primarily on modifying existing hardware and integrating modified components into various platforms based on customer specifications. Your job will be to develop component and system designs based on customer requirements and interface control documents or other similar information. Your designs will comply with applicable military specifications, SAE, ANSI, ASME, and other related design and drafting standards. Upon design completion, you will be expected to support the fabrication, installation, and integration of your design by working with the manufacturing and installation workforce as required.
- Experience with 3D parametric modeling and drafting in CATIA or similar tool
- Experience with Teamcenter or similar PDM/PLM software tool
- Demonstrated success working in a team-based environment to meet objectives
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- BS in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- Familiarity with C-130 or other similar fixed wing or military aircraft
- Experience working in an aerospace environment with exposure to DoD customers
- Experience with ANSI/ASME Y14.100 or similar design and drafting standards
- Familiarity or experience with ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience designing, or working with, sheet metal and machined components
- Experience with creation, review, and approval of engineering change documentation
- Experience with an engineering change process and/or configuration control process
- Experience with AutoCAD or similar 2D drafting tool
- Familiarity or experience with Visual Basic (VB) programming or software tool customizations
- Experience with production, manufacturing, and installation support
- MS in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.