- Work collaboratively on a team environment to understand scope, prepare deliverables, and provide project updates.
- Performing cost effective designs based on industry, company, and/or client standards.
- Generating design criteria, reports, design verifications, and clearance tables for PLS-CADD.
- Building and modifying pole and tower models for PLS-CADD design.
- Developing construction assembly drawings, material selection, and structure loading packages for submittal to vendors.
- Developing construction specification packages that include drawings, one lines, phasing, and standard installation specifications.
- Traveling out of town for short periods of time as required by projects and assignments.
- Attending external and internal meetings to support processes.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited Engineering Institute.
- 0-2 years of experience as a transmission engineer, transmission line engineer, civil engineer or related positions and preferably include:
- lattice Tower linear/non-linear analysis and design utilizing PLS-Tower and ASCE 10
- route alignment planning, structure spotting, and structure Design optimization of overhead transmission lines using PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, and SAG10 software
- foundation design of transmission Structures using FAD, LPILE and PLS-Caisson
- structure design and analysis of substation support structure which include circuit Breaker, Current Transformer and Gantry.
- Understanding of ANSI, ASTM & ASCE standards, IEC, ICEA, AEIC, and NESC
- Proficiency in CYMCAP or Electrical Transient Analysis Program (ETAP) and Pull-Planner
- Experience with AutoCAD or MicroStation (desired)
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
- 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.