- Prioritize work and assist in multiple projects under budget and time constraints.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative and ability to interact with personnel, contractors, regulatory representatives, and town / city officials in a positive, collaborative and team-building manner.
- Assist in the preparation of design deliverables for underground transmission lines including plan and profiles, ampacity calculations, pulling calculations, material selection, duct bank design, and construction specifications in compliance with safety, environmental and client standards and policies.
- Review and approve drawings and material lists developed by designers.
- Develop project estimates and schedules, evaluate design options and criteria for technical merit, and conduct field visits to verify routing conditions and parameters.
- Review drawings for manufacturers and use pertinent information in the production of design drawings.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Civil Engineering from an accredited Engineering Institute
- Knowledge of engineering economics, surveying, geographical information systems, electrical engineering, and environmental and legal regulations
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in underground transmission line design
- Understanding of ANSI, ASTM & ASCE standards, IEC, ICEA, AEIC, and NESC
- Proficiency in CYMCAP or Electrical Transient Analysis Program (ETAP) and Pull-Planner
- Experience with AutoCAD or MicroStation (desired)
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
- 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.