The TE Connectivity’s Automotive Americas business unit generates $1 billion in annual sales across several products, including (1) high voltage electrification solutions; (2) data connectivity solutions; (3) terminal/connector/header; (4) interior lighting; (5) mechatronics; and (6) sensors.
The Auto Americas Field Application Engineering team is made up of technical subject matter specialists with a systems solution capability. In this role you will scout the field of both traditional and emerging customers seeking new or unique product applications within the ADAS/AV Systems domain. This includes, perception (lidar, radar camera) ECU/Server, secure gateway to outside, functional safety power & data, control actuation, high speed data, and cloud connectivity.
What your background should look like:
What your background should look like:
- Develop a cross-customer and cross-product line perspective
- Conduct research into potential business development and technological progress leads.
- Apply technologies and products in different applications with systems solutions capability.
- Seek out innovative or strategic applications for our products to solve customer needs
- Understand the customer's plan and architecture roadmap, as well as the competition and current market trends, to apply this information to further develop TE solutions.
- Attend industry conferences and scout technologies and applications to stay current.
- Assistance in the development of the innovation/technology roadmap
- Interpret and achieve the best technical solution according to customer needs and lead/direct customer dialogs.
- Working knowledge of applicable technical standards for implementation of new connectivity solutions.
- Develop requirements and communicate with development engineering.
- Provide thought leadership and drive the process within Automotive BU of assessing the strategic fit, synergy potential, and key risks to enable the executive team to make well-informed inorganic investment decisions
- Lead strategy development for opportunities that break new ground and expand total addressable market
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Systems Engineering
- 7+ years of automotive engineering experience
- Minimum of 3 years in a customer facing role
- 3+ year of experience in System Engineering for AV/ADAS modules
- Advanced degree (MBA) or relevant P&L management experience
- 2+ years of experience in connection systems space or related field
- 2+ years of experience in sales or business development
$130k's - $160k's for the well qualified candidate
Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $xxx – xxx (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets