Spray Dry Operator
Superior Technical Ceramics is a company in Saint Albans, VT 05478. We are fun, challenging and innovative.
Our work environment includes:
- Flexible working hours
- Growth opportunities
- Regular social events
The spray dry operator is responsible for producing spray dried ceramic powders from formulations given by an engineer and maintaining the given specifications.
· Batches formulations of ceramic powders per SOP and WIs.
· Batches inorganic raw materials such as alumina, zirconia, talc, and clay, as well as inorganic dispersants, binders, internal lubricants, plasticizers, defoamers, and pH adjusters per written instruction.
· Inputs both batch data and product yields into the database either manually or using a barcode system.
· Operates processing equipment using mills/bead mills including charging, discharging, and scheduling/setting automatic timers.
· Operates and cleans spray dryers, v-blenders, pumps, mixers, bulk bag towers, vibrating sieves, and vacuum transport systems.
· Reads temperature and pressure gauges; adjusts parameters to meet process specifications with engineering approval.
· Properly seals, labels, and stores spray dried powders.
· Regularly cleans/maintains auxiliary equipment including pumps, filters, and hoses promptly after use.
· Promptly reports maintenance problems, assists with troubleshooting problems, and keeps a log of PM
· Operates forklift. Transports raw materials and finished product between facilities.
· Promptly notifies the appropriate personnel when consumable items, such as super sacks, barrels, pallets, barrel bags, etc., reach their reorder point.
· Conforms to appropriate OSHA safety regulations for confined spaces.
· May perform other production duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
· Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent preferred
· 1-5 years’ experience preferred. HS diploma or comparable work experience required.
· Forklift experience preferred. Ability to attain and maintain STC forklift certification required.
· Ability to attain and maintain respirator certification.
· Ability to follow written and oral directions
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with personnel within the facility.
· Effective time management skills to maintain production schedules.
· Mechanical aptitude
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Understanding of basic arithmetic
Benefit Conditions: Waiting period may apply
- Health Benefits: All new employees are eligible for health benefits on 1st of the month following your hire date. STC has both PPO and HSA options available. Employees can qualify for a 50% wellness discount off premiums.
- 2 weeks Combined Time Off (prorated for mid-late year start) AND 9 Company Holidays and your birthday, all paid!
- 401K: Employees are eligible to invest after 6 months. STC automatically invests 3% into your 401K and employees can invest additionally with employer match up to 1.5%
- Overtime eligible: Time and a half after 40 hours, Double time after 45 hours. Double time is paid to employees who choose to work on a holiday
- Attendance Incentive: Employees with perfect attendance are entered into a quarterly drawing.
Work is normally performed on site at STC’s office in St. Albans, Vermont. Work is generally performed on the shop floor, which can be noisy and dusty, as well as hot during the summer. Some work is done in areas designated as confined spaces by OSHA standards. Proper safety equipment is provided by STC where necessary. Steel-toed shoes required.
Work may include bending and squatting, as well as occasional lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 60 lbs, or pushing/pulling carts loaded with up to 500 lbs. Work also entails climbing stairs to load mills and entering the spray dryer while tied to a safety harness in order to facilitate cleaning.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated by 1/4/22.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location