VoltServer is seeking an Electrical Engineer with a Firmware Focus to join our growing R&D team. We are seeking an individual who can architect, design and implement quality embedded firmware code for our Digital Electricity products. Your exact background isn’t critical but you will need to have solid experience developing code for embedded systems and an understanding of power electronics to be successful in this role. The individual we are seeking should be creative with an aptitude to learn new things and an excellent team player.
- Design and develop production-quality C code for Product Development
- Devise, document, and run test cases to debug and test code, including unit tests
- Complete code reviews, both as reviewer and as reviewee
- Use tools—such as static analysis—as well as develop/discover new ones to improve quality and efficiency
- Work with test team to develop validation plan
- Document design and usage, as well as change log / release notes
- Brainstorm improvements to architecture and development process
- Provide support for team in troubleshooting issues in the field and in development
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in EE, CE or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with firmware development
- Circuit analysis/debugging experience
- Understanding of software libraries, firmware modules, static analysis and unit testing
- Experience with communications protocols such as CAN, SPI, I2C, etc
- Experience with C is preferred
- Experience with python, C#, and any other languages is a plus
- Experience with bootloaders
- Experience with source control management, particularly git
- Experience with standard electronics lab equipment such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, temperature chambers, load banks, etc
- Experience managing small or large projects in an electronics development environment
- Ability to coordinate work with other team members for successful project execution
- Ability to Work independently, manage your own time and priorities
- Excellent communications skills.
- Other engineering skills such as reading schematics, soldering, circuit troubleshooting, etc. are a plus
VoltServer is an innovative company that has been the first to pioneer Digital Electricity. We apply power electronics and digital signal processing to “encode” electricity in discrete, traceable packets containing both energy and data – it is safe to touch, even at high voltages. Digital Electricity™ reduces installation time and cost, and allows intelligent, fine-grained control and telemetry of equipment. We are rapidly developing game-changing solutions for mobile network infrastructure, solar energy, solid state lighting and data centers.
Our offices are based in the vibrant waterfront community of East Greenwich, Rhode Island, just a short commute from Providence. We offer competitive compensation including salary, generous paid leave and comprehensive health plan coverage.
Job Type: Full-time
- Embedded Programming: 5 years (Preferred)