Bergmann has been part of the Architecture, Engineering, and Planning world for 40 years, and our team continues to grow. As such, we are always looking for experienced, talented engineers to join our team. If you are looking for a great opportunity and want to grow and gain valuable career experience to continue your career, apply today to be considered for this role!
We are looking for a Design Engineer to join our Midwest Infrastructure Transportation Team. These roles have direct paths for growth and would be ideal for a candidate who just got their PE or is looking to get their PE in the near future.
We are looking for a Design Engineer interested in Traffic Design and/or Highway/Roadway design and experience to join our Midwest Transportation Team. If you are a new grad looking to start your career with a growing team, we would love for you to apply!
What You'll Be Doing:
Our design engineers on our Highway/Roadway team apply engineering fundamentals for technical support of project design teams.
What We're Looking For:
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree (Civil Engineering) a minimum of an internship with highway/roadway or traffic design experience. More experience and an EIT is preferred for this entry level role.
What You'll Need to Be Successful:
Our Design Engineers also:
- Develop drawings by modifying or replicating prior projects
- Ability to create drawings from sketches
- Ability to ensure designs are in accordance with company and client production and design standards.
- Proficient in Microstation
- Proficient in CAD • Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- A strong work ethic, excellent attention to detail, and eagerness to learn
- A team player and be able to work independently
- Perform engineering calculations and create estimates
- Research and apply code provisions to design
- Create cost estimates for project alternatives
- Perform QA/QC by verifying design methodology, calculations, outcomes, etc.
- Interpret drawings from multiple disciplines for specific projects
- Create 3D models
- Research design options and document findings for project engineer/manager
- Submit concept designs and work through approval processes such as permits from municipalities
- Work with senior engineers to create project designs
All other duties as assigned. We won't ask you to do things way outside your scope, but we are one #TeamBergmann, so Not my job is not an option!
EEO/AA including Veterans and Disabled