Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The first spark of a product idea sets the NIKE, Inc. Product team into motion. The team of developers, testers, engineers, designers and managers obsess over Nike’s iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products’ construction, fit and materials. They maintain a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. They skillfully operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.
- Textile Dev II, Branded Apparel
- Textile Dev II, Palette Management
- Textile Dev II, GSA
- Textile Dev II, Catalyst
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for an innovative and curious Material Developer with a passion for textiles, print and pattern. The candidate will use their technical materials knowledge, critical thinking and collaborative skills to deliver creative material solutions for our performance and lifestyle Apparel product. Strong skills in textile and print development as well as an understanding of the product creation process will ensure delivery of exceptional product for our athletes*!
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
If this is you, you will explore ideas in textiles and print/pattern from trend through technological advancements. This research will enable the collaboration with our product creation team partners to deliver on the highest level of athlete* experience with a commercialized materials palette grounded in our key sustainability goals. You will drive seasonal material development in partnership with vendors and manufacturing teams from concept to commercialization. This includes requesting testing, tracking and creative material solutions.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
This is the Nike matrix:
You will report into the Global Apparel Materials Team (GLAM) and support our partners within Apparel including key collaborations with Innovation, Design, Product Merchandising, Technical Development, Sourcing and Manufacturing. You will need to work effectively within the materials team to ensure a thoughtful approach to developing new materials and maintain an understanding of how materials perform when in garment form.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in a Textile Science, Apparel or a related degree
- 3+years of apparel industry experience or relevant combination of education and experience
- Technical materials knowledge, including yarns, knitting, weaving, dyeing, printing and finishing techniques
- Knowledge of knits, wovens, ribs and print
- Experience partnering with vendor to develop and test a material from inception to production
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Digital literacy, including Microsoft office software and Product Data Management
- Experience managing multiple projects with competing resources and deadlines across multiple seasons
- Strong information seeking-skills and a drive to make things happen
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group
- Ability to network and apply internal and external resources
- Experience working with performance materials is highly desired
- Knowledge of industry material trends
- Ability to travel up to approximately 10% of the time
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.