About the role:
We are currently seeking a creative, adaptable, and results-oriented Senior Software Engineer to join the Choice team within Global Retail Markets (GRM-US) Technology. This developer will use agile methods to deliver key technology in direct alignment with one of GRM U.S.’s Strategic Imperatives.
The Choice imperative is an important part of our GRM U.S. strategy as it will help us fortify our omni-channel capabilities and supports the GRM priority of diversifying offerings for the future. Choice is focused on making an expanded suite of products available to Liberty Personal Lines prospects & policyholders in situations where the Liberty isn’t the right fit, which happens for 85% of quotes or more. By filling these gaps between Liberty’s core offering and our customers’ rapidly evolving & expanding needs, Choice has enhanced Liberty’s value proposition and is becoming a significant source of nontraditional revenue for GRM.
If you’re a seasoned developer who wants to develop products from idea to production within an empowered agile team, join our tech team. This developer will work with other engineers on a technology stack with a strong focus on modernization using languages and platforms such as Java, Node.js, React, Docker and AWS. Apart from solution delivery, you will have the opportunity to leverage your leadership and mentoring skills to raise the level of the more junior engineers on the team, thereby helping develop and grow our talent within GRM US - Agent & Partner.
In this role you will:
- Analyze technical system problems and design and implement effective solutions
- Work with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them
- Use Java, Node.js, and React to develop Choice applications.
- Handle end-to-end development, including development, testing, and deployment.
- Work with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, business stakeholders, and peers to iteratively create software that meets business and technical requirements.
- Contribute to the development of team backlog and plans and assign and monitor tasks of lower level Software Developers as your responsibilities and experience grows
- Develop automated tests for multiple scopes (Unit, System, Integration, Regression).
- Work with less seasoned engineers to help develop their technology skills.
- Drive a culture of innovation and learning while modeling the Liberty Mutual core behaviors.
- Mentor new developers and junior developers
- Analyze defects, and design and implement effective solutions.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
Benefits & Culture:
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience; technical Master`s degree preferred.
- Generally 5+ years related experience.
- Experience building and tuning applications on public cloud platforms including AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Direct experience with CICD pipelines using tools such as Bamboo or Jenkins.
- Full stack development experience, including security layer, UI, services and datastore.
- Experience building applications with Node, Java and one or more UI frameworks such as React or Angular.
- Experience with Agile software development practices.
- Desire to see others grow in their ability. Ability to mentor and coach in technology.
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills.
Liberty Mutual is one of America's Best Employers for Diversity and one of the Best Employers for Women http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesToWorkforWomen one of the Best Employers for New Grads http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesforNewGrads and one of the Best Places to Work http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacestoWork . We offer excellent benefits for our employees including generous parental leave, retirement plans including 401k and pension, education reimbursement, commuter benefits, college savings plans, and much more.
To learn more about our benefit offerings and culture please visit:
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers. Learn More: