GEORGIA TRANSFORMER CORP.
Production Assembler I
Title: Production Assembler I
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Location: Rincon, GA
If you are looking for a career with plenty of upward mobility in a climate controlled setting then please continue. “Virginia Transformer and Georgia Transformer Corp is “the engineering firm that makes transformers”. With a history in custom-design and construction of power transformers since 1971, we have firmly established ourselves as one of the leading U.S. transformer manufacturers. Our four state-of-the-art North American facilities produce power transformers for any conceivable application – GSU, substations, auto-transformers, grounding transformers, drive duty, rectifier, exciter, voltage regulator, just to name a few.”
The Production Assembler Apprentice (PAA) provides technical, hands-on support and assistance to shop personnel. The PAA frequently interacts with the Engineering Department, follows project jobs, process audits and quality checkpoints throughout the manufacturing process. The PAA participates in design reviews and coordination of jobs. Performs timely resolution of technical problems. Conduct troubleshooting and failure analysis with minimal impact to manufacturing schedule. This person works to implement continuous improvement projects; reduce cost and cycle time; resolve production issues and suggest improvements.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical / hands on support to production personnel
- Operate and/or tend to machines used to produce transformers
- Cut, Strip, and bend wire leads using pliers and wire scrapers
- Select and load materials such as workpieces, objects, and machine parts onto equipment used in process
- Attach, alter, trim, repair, maintain, disassemble, assemble parts and components using hand tools
- Record production and operational data on specified forms.
- Perform stringent audit and quality checks and tests
- Expediently solve technical problems as they arise on the floor minimizing the impact on the production schedule
- Collaborate with engineers or other personnel to identify, define or solve developmental problems
- Facilitate and provide training for employees to ensure quality of workmanship
- Perform skills audits and provide information to company Training and Development manager
Required Education and Experience
- High School degree or GED equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License
- 1-2 Years Manufacturing or Production experience
- Knowledge of Metric System
- Experience and/or No problem working in Confined Spaces
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills
- Woodworking / mechanical experience and proficiency
- Experience operating forklift, crane, air and hand tools
- Must be flexible to working any shift and overtime when production schedule demands
- Basic computer and data entry
- Willingly accepts job challenges and work under tight deadlines or pressure
- Strong mechanical skills
- Self-starter - able to work with minimal direction or supervision
- Strong knowledge of operations such as inspection, testing, repair, investigation, and reporting on various types of transformers including both liquid-filled and dry transformers
- Craftsmanship – The pride one puts into each and every product they produce.
- Maintain Focus – The ability to handle repetition and function under pressure or stress.
- Hand – Eye Coordination — The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- Control Precision — The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions.
- Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Near Vision — The ability to read gauges and counter devices at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Tools & Technology
- Calibrated resistance measuring equipment — Insulation resistance testers; Wheatstone bridges
- Electrical coil winding machine — Coil spreading machines; Coil taping machines; Element winding machines
- Mallets — Rawhide hammers; Rubber mallets
- Stripping tools — Wire strippers
- Voltage or current meters — Digital voltage meters; Test lamps
- Wire cutters — Wire cutting tools; Wire snips
- Operate forklift
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- What is your pay requirement?
- Employees must be willing to work ANY Shift & Overtime when production demands. Are you available to work any shift?
- Do you have experience using the Metric System?
- Do you have experience working in confined spaces? If not, do you have any issue working in confined spaces?
- Manufacturing experience is REQUIRED for these positions. Note: Materials/Warehouse/Logistics experience does NOT qualify as manufacturing experience. Explain the details of your Manufacturing experience.
- A detailed RESUME is required in order to be considered. You MUST include correct beginning and end dates of all employment, along with FULL DETAILS of tasks/duties performed in each position. If your resume is not complete, you will NOT be considered. Do you agree to submit an updated, detailed resume?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place