Symmetrix Composite Tooling, Inc. is a multi-axis digital fabricator specializing in composites and serving progressive industries such as alternative energy, transportation, marine, art, and architecture, operating multiple tooling plants located across the country. Accuracy, completeness and timeliness of project execution is essential to the success of the company.
The CAD Drafting Technician will take information and details from sales, project management and customers and produce manufacturing data and documentation that effectively communicates all the details required for the manufacture of products to the customers’ requirements and expectations. The technician will verify the fidelity of the parts produced utilizing laser tracking metrology.
Working under the direction of senior engineers, and the Plant Manager the CAD Drafter will:
- Compile manufacturing data and specifications.
- Create drawings and models from written and verbal specifications.
- Prepare engineering documents to SYMX standard for use by manufacturing.
- Review drawings and project data for completeness and accuracy.
- Provide timely technical assistance and solutions to the manufacturing team.
- Verify surface geometry accuracy using laser tracking and other metrology techniques.
- Manage project documentation archiving.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in and knowledge of:
- CAD/CAM and 3D modelinG (Rhino and NX experience a plus)
- Design/Engineering documentation management
- MetrologY (Faro Laser Tracker and Verisurf software experience a plus)
- ERP/MRP software
- FRP production processes
- FRP tooling methods
A talented, hard working person with a positive attitude will win this position. Salary is competitive and balanced with experience. To learn more about Symmetrix Composite Tooling, please visit (www.symmetrixcomposites.com) and Facebook. If you feel you meet the above standards, please respond to this posting.
At all times, Symmetrix Composite Tooling works to protects its employees, following guidelines set by OSHA and industry standards in safety. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Symmetrix is operating under all guidelines set by the CDC and the State of Rhode Island. Our application process will start with a phone or online meeting, whichever is easier for the applicant, before we invite you into our facility. When visiting, we ask that you submit to a temperature check and that you wear a clean cloth face covering. If you feel sick, please do not visit. We will happily talk with you virtually or on the phone.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Rhino: 1 year (Preferred)
- mechanical: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bristol, RI 02809 (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
Company's Facebook page: