56,734.00 - 68,081.00
This is a benefits eligible position. CNM offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance as well as pension and retirement plans. CNM also offers generous educational benefits to employees, their spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children.
Additional Comments to Applicants:
For consideration for this position applicants must attach to application: Resume, Cover Letter, and any applicable Transcripts or Certifications as defined by the minimum requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance of the Director of Enterprise Applications, maintains critical enterprise level computer software, such as Banner or Evisions. Assists users by troubleshooting unexpected results, extracting data, applying upgrades and patches, interacting with vendor customer support as needed, as well as creating and maintaining automated processes ensuring the ability of multiple departments to access Central New Mexico Community College (CNM) data and serve the institution.
Duties & Responsibilities
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Field service ticket request tickets.
- Analyzes user requests to determine parameters and if a new program must be created or if an existing program can be modified.
- Meets with users as necessary to clarify needs and requirements and writes reports or processes. Also writes database functions, packages, or procedures according to user needs or specifications, using various programming languages.
- Works with users to ensure the results are as imagined. Confirms that appropriate user testing has occurred and was successful.
- Analyzes and determines causes of failures of expected software behavior working with SR. Programmer Analyst’s as necessary.
- With guidance, designs and develops application integration between systems, using various scripting languages.
- Assists Application Specialist or Application Analysts as needed to integrate ancillary applications with larger applications such as Banner.
- Provides assistance to other programmers when information within areas of expertise are needed. Works towards demonstrating through daily actions and interactions with staff and faculty, the desire and need to follow standard operating procedures and uphold the goals of the department and institution.
- Fields incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve mission critical application issues, along with the SR. Programmer Analyst’s and or Data Base Analysts as needed.
- Keeps Information Technology Services (ITS) management informed of on-going enterprise application failures or issues.
- Consults with ITS staff and CNM user groups on software installations. Assess impact of changes to existing applications.
- Advises users of implications or alternative approaches and compatibility or pit falls.
- Under the guidance of Enterprise Applications Manager or designee, and user groups, develops project plans determining mutually agreeable dates for all milestones including suitable time and dates for production installation.
- Makes presentations to ITS Change Management group regarding planned changes to enterprise applications.
- Ensures that documentation is available to users. Installs upgrades and patches in an appropriate test environment.
- Provides technical advice with regards to changes to the baseline application and ensuring that any existing changes are re-applied as required.
- Assists users through connecting and testing changes. Confirms user testing success. Installs upgrades into the CNM production environment during the preapproved window of time. Assists users with post-install issues through to resolution.
- Monitors existing application defects, trends, and upgrade patch notifications from vendors through websites, listserves, or RSS feeds.
- Participates in departmental meetings, attends in-house professional development sessions. Additionally, attends conferences, training events, and follows evolving trends in technology by subscribing to online newsletters or listserves.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems (MIS) or related industry and one (1) years of work experience.
- An Associate’s Degree in Management Information Systems (MIS) or related industry and three (3) years of work experience.
- Five (5) years’ work related experience.
- In depth knowledge of of Java, Python, or C++ programming language and ability to learn others.
- Experience with test-driven development, collaboration, versioning, documentation, and agile methodologies.
- Experience integrating software applications using REST APIs.
- Experience with CAMEL, Rabbit MQ and Messaging Protocols.
- Experience with SQL, Groovy/Grails, Git, and Continuous Integration (Jenkins).
- Experience with LINUX operating systems and UNIX commands.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining Banner 9 applications and performing upgrades using Ellucian Solution Manager.