Specializing in structural engineering, building science, structural restoration, structural glass engineering, parking facility design and building energy modelling, RJC Engineers (RJC) is one of Canada’s leading engineering firms. Recognized as an exceptional workplace, we mentor the next generation of Canada’s ‘best and brightest’ engineers and technologists. With offices and expertise across Canada, we challenge our people to push technical boundaries and provide leadership in our fields of practice, while providing services for clients and projects nationwide
We believe in taking care of our people and help them realize their full potential. RJC offers the opportunity to work in an engaging team environment where you will work on exciting and challenging projects, discover new and developing technologies, practices and techniques and where you will flourish in a culture of continuous learning and collaboration. Working under the guidance of leading technical specialists who broadly share their expertise, you will get to fine tune your skills and cultivate your expertise while being given the opportunity to pursue your professional goals.
Start Date: Immediately
The Building Science Engineer or Technologist will work as an active team member within project teams, from conceptual and preliminary stages of the project design through to its completion. The successful candidate is a self-motivated, fast learner with a desire to continually learn and grow and has a passion for Building Science and Restoration. A commitment to providing exceptional client service and developing technical expertise to deliver practical, creative solutions.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Building Enclosure design and review for new construction projects.
- Site investigation and evaluation of existing buildings.
- Preparation of reports and studies.
- Preparation of drawings and specifications for rehabilitation projects.
- Preparation of thermal calculations for building enclosure performance.
- Structural design of façade, glazing, and other secondary structural elements.
- Assist Project Managers in the implementation of structural restoration and building envelope projects during both the assessment and construction stages of the project.
- Design and analysis to determine effective repair alternatives.
- Coordination with other engineering and architectural disciplines.
- Contract administration/construction review while implementing restoration work.
- Client liaison.
- Degree in Civil Engineering – Preference may be given for those candidates with completed courses in Building Science OR
- Diploma in civil/structural/architectural technology from accredited technical college
- Registered as an Engineer-In-Training (E.I.T) with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia, preference toward those registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) or with eligibility to register as P.Eng within 2 years. OR
- Registered or eligible to register as a Technologist (AScT) with Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ previous experience in Building Science.
- Experience in a consulting firm environment considered an asset.
- Committed to client service and technical excellence.
- Effective and proven leadership skills.
- Fast learner with a desire to grow professionally and personally.
- Team player with ability to work independently with minimum direction.
- Hard worker, ready to assume responsibility quickly and have fun at the same time.
- Inquisitive, clear thinker who can determine what work is required and who can draw rational conclusions from information available.
- Demonstrated and effective communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to conceptualize in three dimensions.
- Aptitude for working with existing facilities and comfortable working at heights.
*This position includes a comprehensive group benefits package, discretionary performance bonuses, and annual salary reviews.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Building Science: 3 years (required)