Colby Nipper, Idaho’s most innovative and experienced intellectual property firm, seeks candidates with electrical engineering degrees and/or computer engineering degrees and strong writing skills who are curious about tech and training to become a registered patent agent working with cutting-edge Fortune 500 organizations. No prior patent experience is necessary for this position, we are willing to train.
We represent multiple top-10, multi-national patent filers and direct patent prosecution in the United States, Europe, China, and Japan. At Colby Nipper, you’ll work with international clients from the very start. You’ll gain unprecedented opportunities to grow your own experience while establishing a long-term career in one of America’s most in-demand cities.
Colby Nipper is located in Eagle, Idaho, just outside the capital city of Boise. Southwestern Idaho is growing yet still retains the charm of a much smaller place, and it is consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in the United States.
This area provides quick access to some of the West’s most compelling recreation opportunities. The Boise River, which flows through town, is edged by the verdant Greenbelt and can be accessed by anglers and water sports enthusiasts in minutes. Hikers and mountain bikers flock to the famed Ridge to Rivers trail system, which crisscrosses the Boise Foothills with over 190 miles of pathways. Local ski resort Bogus Basin is just a short drive from the city limits, and world-class kayaking, camping, and mountain climbing are less than 90 minutes away. Some of the state’s most iconic destinations, including the Sawtooth Mountains, Ketchum/Sun Valley, and McCall, can be reached in just two to three hours.
We based our firm here because Idaho offers our employees a chance to build a life, as well as a career. We will invest in you and your future, and we look forward to nurturing your success now and in the years to come.
Strong technical writing skills are required for the position.
As a candidate for this position, you are:
- A graduate in the Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Engineering fields, with at least a Bachelor's Degree
- Interested in how things work and inquisitive about tech
- Enthusiastic about learning
- A clear, thoughtful writer who enjoys the process
- Conscientious and detail-oriented
- Less inclined toward meetings and more focused on research and writing
- Ambitious and willing to grow with our firm and tackle leadership positions
- Able to adapt to clients’ needs
- Ready to learn truly exceptional patent preparation and prosecution
- Brilliant (always a plus)
An ideal candidate for this position also possesses:
- At least six (6) years of telecom engineering and/or radio-frequency (RF) engineering experience in cellular system design, architecture, and implementation, as well as working knowledge of related standards.
- Areas of work include: IP-based networking, IP-based protocol stacks, virtual network functions (VNF) lifecycle management to 5G RAN, Core and Edge computing, and future 6G deployments
Applicants should include a cover letter, resume, school transcripts, technical writing sample, and their LinkedIn Public Profile URL with their application.
Tags: Electrical Engineer, Computer Engineer, EE, CE, 5G, radio-frequency, RF, Patent Agent, engineering degree.
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
We respect our employees’ medical choices and privacy.
- How many years of cellular system design, architecture, and implementation experience do you have?
- How many years of Core and Edge Computing experience do you have?
- How many years of Future 6G Deployments experience do you have?
- How many years of IP-based networking and protocol stacks experience do you have?
- How many years of VNF Lifecycle Management to 5G RAN experience do you have?
- Do you have at least a bachelor’s degree in one of these technical subjects: electrical engineering or computer engineering?
Work Location: One location