- B.S. in an engineering-based discipline or five (5) years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with BACnet, Modbus, OPC or similar communication protocols.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in either design programming, or startup/commissioning.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in project management.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with Microsoft Office Suite and project management software.
Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems. We're using the latest cloud computing technologies and helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches.
As part of the global controls team, you will work with highly motivated experts and innovators in the data center industry. You will be responsible for innovating, deploying, optimizing, and maintaining the automation systems within the data centers. Automation systems consist of building management system (BMS) and electrical power monitoring system (EPMS). This role will also be responsible for the configuration and self-deployment of edge-based monitoring systems within AWS co-location data centers. Using Amazon leadership principles, you will develop new processes and standards while innovating in the controls space.
As a controls engineer you will:
A controls engineer may also perform the following:
- Ensure data center controls are deployed in accordance with scope of work (SOW) and specifications.
- Provide vendor management.
- Work under tight project timelines.
- Review and provide feedback on mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) drawings.
- Review controls sequence of operation and provide feedback to design.
- Manage multiple stakeholder deliverables, requirements and navigate difficult situations.
- Financially manage both construction and service contracts.
- Provide technical assistance to internal customers during life cycle of the data center.
- Act in a project sponsor capacity.
- Design and deploy innovative solutions to monitor colocation data centers.
- Participate in a global on-call schedule.
- Grow in technical ability by learning a multitude of different automation platforms.
- Perform controls root cause analysis.
- Develop building automation controls drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Size controls valves and damper actuators and select controls devices.
- Develop controls bill of material (BOM).
- Develop and modify controls logic programming.
- Develop and modify graphical user interface.
This position requires the selected candidate be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance.
- M.S. in an engineering-based discipline or ten 10+ years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6+ years of experience in either design programming, or startup/commissioning.
- 4+ years of experience in project management.
- Experience with controls in data centers or other critical facilities.
- Networking administration experience.
- MQTT communication protocol experience.
- Experience in any of the following systems: Siemens, Eaton, Tridium, Distech, Struxureware, APC, Ignition, or ABB.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Solid foundation in communication protocols.
- Windows power user skill set, proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and project management software.
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering documentation, electrical diagrams and standard operating procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, teamwork, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder deliverables, requirements and navigate difficult situations.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role