Select Trusses & Lumber, Inc. is seeking a Full-Time, On-Site Truss Designer to join our growing company. Over the past 35 years, Select Trusses & Lumber, Inc. has developed relationships with lumberyards and contractors in the Midwest and has built a reputation as one of the areas leading roof and floor truss manufacturers. At Select Trusses, we believe there is a direct relationship between the success of our company and the competency and work ethic of our employees. We remain committed to providing our employees with top compensation packages, generous benefits, and most importantly; an environment and culture that they feel proud to be a part of.
If you possess knowledge of the construction industry and have experience using Mitek or other design related software (CAD, Rivet..etc); do not miss out on this opportunity to join our team.
This position is responsible for designing roof and floor truss systems using MiTek's latest software. The core responsibilities of the Truss Designer Position are to ensure that truss designs are accurately input based on customer plans while optimizing the designs to save on material/ labor and conforming to code and company standards. This position requires an individual with general construction knowledge, attention to detail and a minimum of 2-years experience using a computerized engineering program.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to read and understand blue prints and detailed technical drawings.
- Minimum of a 2-year degree in architectural drafting/ estimating, or applicable experience
- Experience in truss design, layout, takeoffs, quoting, and/or sales preferred
- General knowledge of construction industry.
- Basic CAD and drafting knowledge.
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals.
- Strong math skills, ability to calculate tributary loads, concentrated loads and load transfer throughout building.
- Knowledge of current local codes associated with truss design (TPI)
- Ability to effectively communicate with architects, engineers, customers and team members both orally and in writing
- Dependability; reliable mode of transportation
This is an exempt, full-time position with benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Section 125
- 401K/ ROTH
- Weekly Pay Periods
- Paid Personal Time (PPT)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Select Trusses & Lumber, Inc. is proudly an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- West Salem, WI (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance