Together we move the Atoms that move the World:
Imagine working on the front lines of innovation! As one of the semiconductor industry's leading suppliers of wafer fabrication equipment and services, our technology depends on finding and hiring the best and the brightest employees. We know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to our continued growth.
Lam Research - where successful people want to work:
We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. This is truly a rare opportunity. Lam Research is a market leader where our core values are not just words on the back of your badge. Given the criticality of this role to Lam Research's success, this philosophy starts with you.
In addition to regular responsibilities, the Senior Electrical Engineer establishes methods and procedures on new assignments.
Acts as a resource for colleagues and manages small projects.
Designs, develops, and modifies semi-complex to complex electrical/electro-mechanical systems
Designs, tests and troubleshoots mixed-signal circuit boards that bridge the sensors and actuators with the high-level system software
Utilizes a real-time distributed control system to meet wafer performance requirements
Conducts concept and feasibility studies for new and next generation products
Works with multidisciplinary engineering design team to design and modify custom and OEM system components
Works with suppliers to prepare detailed design, prototype fabrication, design testing/verification, and managing production release
Coordinates with internal customers to define system level controls architecture
Participates in cross-functional design reviews
Other Job Responsibilities
General Responsibilities /Job Functions:
- You will be responsible for performing professional electrical engineering research, design, development, modification, and evaluation in support of electrical and electro-mechanical systems/subsystems, embedded systems, control systems, and AC/DC power systems.
- You will assist the Subject Matter Expert to develop, define/refine functional specifications for electrical and electro-mechanical systems/subsystems, embedded systems, control systems, and AC/DC power systems.
- You will work with a multidisciplinary engineering design team: electrical, mechanical, software, technical support, productivity engineers, and suppliers, on the design, modification, of custom and OEM systems components.
- You will need to prepare and analyze test plans and procedures to assure that technical and operational requirements are met and properly demonstrated.
- You will be responsible for evaluating equipment to establish operating data, conducting experimental tests, and analyzing the pertinent material and data in preparation of your presentation at design, project, and program reviews.
Minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience
Very good oral and written communication skills in English
Excellent IT knowledge, e.g. MS Windows, MS Office products
Hands-on experience with design and productization of electrical control systems, electrical CAD Systems (Zuken E3)
Practical experience with sensors, actuators, field busses (e.g. Ethernet, Serial, EtherCAT), measurement and controls technology
Excellent working knowledge of applicable electrical related standards like UL, CE, IEC, SEMI
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Outstanding analysis and trouble-shooting skills
Ability to drive functional requirements and execute in a dynamic team environment
Proven successful hands-on experience in electrical design of complex systems, control of complex systems, and AC/DC power systems
Proven successful hands-on experience in the design, development and realization of analog and digital electronic circuits, from schematic, validation, to final engineering release onto products
Working experience in electrical circuit design and development CAD software or similar, SPICE modeling, System modeling (e.g. SIMULink or similar), or other equivalent
Proven successful hands-on experience in RF and plasma systems is plus
Ability to occasionally travel to vendor and customer sites is a plus
Semiconductor capital equipment power distribution design experience
Experience with PCB design process
Has experience in applying system design models like the Systems “VEE”
Appreciates learning and understanding challenges and limitations within other disciplines on system designs
Understanding of system integration into customer facility
Willingness to travel to international locations
More About Us ….
Our work is everywhere you look – even if you can’t actually see it. Lam Research goes deeper than software or chips to the heart of the process that enables chip creation. So if you want to help power the components that empower everything, join us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.